Author Topic: Might & Magic III Live Stream  (Read 946 times)

SavagePencil

Re: Might & Magic III Live Stream
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 03:49:05 AM »
Provided nothing else explodes at the last minute like they continue to do, we'll be going live at 8:00am PST.

https://www.twitch.tv/savagepencil
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:51:47 AM by SavagePencil »

SavagePencil

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
Well that was intense!  7 hours, 2 towns cleared, and only one real mishap.  Can't wait to do more of these!

sirhcman

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
You can watch the replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/savagepencil/v/86197177

SavagePencil

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 03:58:34 PM »
Well shit. I was thinking 7 PM for some reason. Ah well. Glad to hear it was a success!

Hey, you were one of the move valuable characters in the party!

esteban

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 03:21:35 AM »
While you were having fun, I was crying in my garage.
  |    | 

SavagePencil

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 03:51:26 AM »
There was only one chatter (johnnycolorado, IIRC?), who was familiar with the PC and SNES versions, but not the TG16 one.  There were a couple silent lurkers.

esteban

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:27 AM »
There was only one chatter (johnnycolorado, IIRC?), who was familiar with the PC and SNES versions, but not the TG16 one.  There were a couple silent lurkers.

I wish I was there, but I was too busy.

I'll be there for the next session. :)

Ha!

With such a niche (in 2016) game, I was surprised that anybody was watching.

At first I thought streaming games was silly, but now I see how "skyping" and live-streaming games can be a good thing, especially when our PCE kinky is so small.
  |    | 

SavagePencil

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »

With such a niche (in 2016) game, I was surprised that anybody was watching.

At first I thought streaming games was silly, but now I see how "skyping" and live-streaming games can be a good thing, especially when our PCE kinky is so small.

I have a couple of thoughts on the matter:

1.  If you're not there for ego, then you're just enjoying something and making an awareness blip in the universe, which is fun!
2.  A lot of longplays fall into one of two categories:  inscrutable choices or perfect min/maxing that doesn't get to explore gameplay systems.  A livestream allows the player to explore and explain the decisions that they are making, which sets context for the viewer.  The viewer can ask questions, get clarity, and interact with the game.  Now pro-plays are awesome, but only if everyone understands what's going on.  So I think a good livestream affords deeper investigation into games, especially ones that are lesser-known but definitely worthwhile.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:53:22 AM by SavagePencil »

esteban

Might & Magic III Live Stream
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »
2.  A lot of longplays fall into one of two categories:  inscrutable choices or perfect min/maxing that doesn't get to explore gameplay systems.  A livestream allows the player to explore and explain the decisions that they are making, which sets context for the viewer.  The viewer can ask questions, get clarity, and interact with the game.  Now pro-plays are awesome, but only if everyone understands what's going on.  So I think a good livestream affords deeper investigation into games, especially ones that are lesser-known but definitely worthwhile.

Agreed.

:)

...especially when our PCE kinky is so small.

There is nothing small about our PCE kinky.

Our PCE kinky is pretty small:

Pcefx - goverrats/eunuchs/narcoleptics/Catholics/FEKA + flan fans = PCE kinky

:)
  |    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 02:39:43 AM »
Going to watch it tonight, I had to work all last weekend (and part of Monday grrr) for a clinic take over. Glad someone is doing this. :)

Senshi

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »
yes! someone doing Turbo streams. I gave you a follow. I hope this turns into a regular thing because i think good turbo/pc engine streams are in short supply.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero