Author Topic: FIXED - Turbo Express screen dim, but working. How to fix?  (Read 606 times)

vetteguy112233

Re: Turbo Express screen dim, but working. How to fix?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »
And after all this, my son trips over the power cord (1 minute into testing the fix) and snaps off the center pin of the DC power jack inside the machine.

Luckily it's an easy/cheap fix, but GRRRRRR! It still works with batteries though.

blueraven

Re: Turbo Express screen dim, but working. How to fix?
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 03:34:38 PM »
FIXED:

I found that the capacitor at CC702 looked a little charred. I replaced it and the screen instantly appears and the brightness works perfect.

Thanks for the help.

Your welcome, glad it worked out!

And after all this, my son trips over the power cord (1 minute into testing the fix) and snaps off the center pin of the DC power jack inside the machine.

Luckily it's an easy/cheap fix, but GRRRRRR! It still works with batteries though.

Those mishaps happen sometimes. My old dog broke my PCE Duo in almost the same way.

I would still replace the rest of the caps, though when you get a chance. And trade the extra to someone here for games!

Cheers
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol