Author Topic: Rgb modded Ifu unit, low sound fix?  (Read 232 times)

L-Digital

Rgb modded Ifu unit, low sound fix?
« on: September 09, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »
I recently picked up a really nice rgb modded ifu unit which looks almost brand new. The only issue I have with it is that the volume on it is quite low compared to my other consoles.

Is there a simple mod or circuit I can do to the stereo lines to bring them both up to line level or thereabouts before going to scart so that I don't have to constantly Adjust volume settings when switching machines?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:04:18 PM by L-Digital »

mickcris

Re: Rgb modded Ifu unit, low sound fix?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »
Is the volume louder out of the rca jacks? Perhaps the modder connected audio to the expansion port and not the rca jacks
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:50:35 PM by mickcris »

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
PC engine/turbografx systems do have lower volume than other consoles do. This is normal. I have had many others ask me the same question. Also, some games have much louder music than others do. JJ and Jeff is pretty loud where as the 1st bomberman and battle royal are super quiet.

As mickcris said you might want to find out if someone tapped the audio channels from the wrong place. simply check if you are getting any CD sound. If you can hear CD music then the wiring was done correctly. If the wires were hooked up the the exp port instead there would be no CD audio.

L-Digital

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:08 AM »
A bit late but thanks for the replies