Author Topic: CIB system prices  (Read 1939 times)

retro junkie

Re: CIB system prices
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2016, 02:51:12 AM »
Hmmmm.......
I am the type of gamer that has to hold it in your hands, tangible, solid, all a part of the experience. Of course I was into the TG16 when it was still on the shelf and the "battle" was between the other two guys. So that was when I attained most of my TG16 collection. Prices, for me, was comparable to the "other guy's" carts. There were those occasional sales, and I did get a few bargains at the end. Over the years adding to my stash, I have considered, $10 to $30 good prices.
What I consider one of my best moves was grabbing up a PC Engine, the original. You can get a good deal on eBay for one of these, plus get a homemade adaptor for those RCA plugs. And you can pick up a couple of games, all this, I think, for around $100, if you continue to hang around eBay. If you can find a Core Grafx II for something reasonable, that would be the best path, needs all the wires and controller in the package.

This is the easiest way to enter TG16 gaming. I think if you go head over heels at that point, you will not have any trouble saving up the cash and diving in deeper with some kind of DUO setup. I will seriously, at times, consider $40 or $50 for that hard to attain game, and finally go for it. Haven't embraced anything with that $100 plus price tag yet. (Used the word yet, which does not rule that out) But the cheapest route, my experience, for a lot of games, has been the PC Engine road. And you can always look at a game on youtube to get an idea how it plays. It can be a decision maker.

And there is just something about holding those Hucards in your hands that there are no words to express.

mj9123456

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 02:58:03 AM »
This is the best advice I've heard by far.  I would just add to get the one with AV out.  That's the CoreGrafx II.
Both the CoreGrafx and CoreGrafx II have AV out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:00:10 AM by mj9123456 »

Alt-Nintega2

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:40 PM »
Loose complete:

TG-16 $40 - $50

loose complete with controller adaptor and cables for 40 - 50 bucks?
sell me one please. I will take two right now. I will take 3. $120 ready to pay.

clown please. Just shut the f*ck up.
Karl Marx

esteban

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Loose complete:

TG-16 $40 - $50

sell me one please. I will take two right now. I will take 3. $120 ready to pay.

Such rude manners.

Let's get back on track: I would love to talk to you about some of the TG-16/PCE games you are playing.

Thank you :)
  |    | 

johnnykonami

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
Cheapest I remember really was when Toys R' Us was getting rid of some old stock many titles were $20.  I don't have these anymore but I think I got Space Harrier, Double Dungeons, and Ordyne at least for that price.  Ordyne was my favorite of that lot, for sure.

Loose complete:

TG-16 $40 - $50

Such rude manners.

Let's get back on track: I would love to talk to you about some of the TG-16/PCE games you are playing.

Thank you :)

No kidding!  Not even 10 posts in and you're telling one of our most senior members to "shut the f*ck up."  Way to endear yourself to the community!

Gypsy

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
Extremely obvious troll tho.

crazydean

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »
Looks like the only time you aren't telling someone to f*ck off is when you want to buy/sell/raffle. How sad..ignored.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.