Author Topic: some time with Cadash.  (Read 1030 times)

TR0N

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 03:52:35 PM »
Cadash Genesis>lack of priest and ninja kill it for me meh  :P

Cadash PCE>Close while it's graphics and sound are not perfect having all of it's characters made it a winner for me.

Still if you realy wanna play it like the arcade try mame... or import taito memorial for the, PS2 or hope Taito Legends 2 for the Xbox get's a u.s release.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 01:52:49 PM »
just purchased the game last saturday but just struggling with its difficulty :cry: some hot hints out there??..it is not really my type of game, i can't be calm when unlimited of enemis attacking from both side again and again non stop. the spiders before the first level boss gave me the rest > sel & run!! :cry:

but of course will give it a chance again..and may be again :)

which character is your favorite?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ParanoiaDragon

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »
My favorite character is the Ninja.  But I've beaten it with everbody.  The key is to level up really.  Take you time, defeating those pig things in the first cave.  Go where the pigs first show up, you can find a spot to stand in, where they will keep coming, & you keep shooting(don't forget to occasionally move over to where they were to pick up all the money before it disapears).  You'll level up like crazy.  Once you think you're strong enough, proceed, go to the next level, where the cavemen are, & do the same thing, then in the 3rd level, do the same thing where those rock guys are.  I can't remember anyother good spots in the game perse.  Hope this helps!

Keranu

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 03:25:49 PM »
What PD said is the key. Be sure to level up a lot in the beginning because it's almost the only way to beat the first boss. If I recall, level 5 is a good level to be at for the first boss.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Tatsujin

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 03:59:18 PM »
thx a lot for the help. do i have to buy HP&MP in shop or it increases itself by picking up the ca$h?
www.pcedaisakusen.net

nodtveidt

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »
Yeah, get to level 5 with most anyone, you can bruise through at level 4 with the Priest though (might want to anyways, she takes ages to level up).

Specifically speaking...

In the first dungeon, go down the first rope and you will see some Orcs up on a small platform, with some Green Slimes that drop from the ceiling and moving platforms to the far left. Stay on that raised platform and walk back and forth, slaying the Orcs and Green Slimes. From there you can proceed across the moving platforms (look out for bats) and into the next room.

In the second dungeon, go down the first rope (careful not to go into the water, it'll hurt you at first) and jump off to the left. Giant Frogs will come after you, just kill them and don't waste time with them really. After them comes the Trolls who throw bones at you. They can be hard to deal with on the decline, but get close enough to them so that their bones won't hit you, then attack. You should be able to wipe them out without getting hit. The first part just has them coming at you on one plane so they're easy to take out but they're few. The second area has them coming in groups but the area is sloped. At the bottom of the second area is a Treant, just kill it as soon as it pops up. Later in the level, where you find the Blue Door, the platform drops down a bit and you'll find three Treants, this is also a good place to do some levelling. Once you drop off of this platform, you won't be able to level anymore (unless you're the Priest) until after the next boss.

The third dungeon has the best level-up area in the game. When you enter, you go all the way to the bottom, then go all the way left. You'll run into a large set of stair-like platforms with Rock Golems walking slowly towards you. If you turn your back on them, they'll double their speed in an effort to run you over. They take quite a beating at first but stick with it. I've used this area to get all the way up to experience level 20 (not really necessary here but it's fun going through the rest of the game at max level). Be sure to go back to the Inn in the second overworld if you're running too low on life though...try not to go back while too low because of the nasty Beholder-kin you have to fight along the way.

The fourth dungeon has a couple of good levelling spots. The first one is in the first section after you get to the bottom of the rope. Manticores will come at you from the right, they have to be hit while crouching for most characters. They give pretty decent experience. Way to the right and up the rope (past the crazy guy who runs past you) are some dragons. They give some of the highest XP awards in the game but aren't particularly easy to fight at first, especially if your defence is low (you get hit, you go flying hardcore). But once you get the method down, they're good killin' for points. Don't bother with the Zombies or Flares, they're worth squat and they're too much of a pain to kill.

The fifth dungeon lacks any real good levelling spots, except for the tower climb after the Worm has been killed...stronger Treants appear on unreachable platforms above you, and are sitting ducks if you play any character but the Fighter (he can fight them too but it's not as easy).

Of particular note here in comparison to the arcade version...the Treants in the PCE/TG version will stop animating when being hit, meaning you can often times kill them before they shoot at you. In the arcade original, this doesn't happen, and they will blow you away in short order if you don't have the right timing to dodge their shots (not as easy as it sounds). Use this to your advantage when levelling up in the PCE/TG version.

ParanoiaDragon

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »
Those things are orcs?  I learn something new everyday :D

Anyways, your HP/MP goes up with your leveling up.  You can buy loads of herbs at stores.  I usually buy as many herbs & antidotes as humanly possible.  I think on the first boss, I usually hit him at lvl 6 I think.  It's been awhile.  I think the Mage is the quicket to level up IIRC.

nodtveidt

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 01:33:55 AM »
Yeah, the mage is the quickest. In order, it's Mage, Fighter, Ninja, Priest.

Tatsujin: for the spiders near the boss in the first dungeon, you have to handle them slowly, you can't just plow through that area or you're dead quick. Go through this area SLOWLY! What you do is wait for them to come at you. When they stop, they'll shoot a web at you. As soon as you see them stop, jump. The web should fly right under you, and they'll keep walking. That's when you attack them. There are four or so of these lil bastards in that area. You'll know you're past them when you get to the bridge.

The mage is my favourite character. Being able to blow anything out of the sky at any time with a lightning bolt is just too damn cool. :D

Tatsujin

some time with Cadash.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 03:20:08 PM »
thx a lot for all your help. will give it a re-try soon  :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net