Author Topic: Ripping and writing Turbo CD titles - Help  (Read 1161 times)

Vecanti

Re: Ripping and writing Turbo CD titles - Help
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »
Ok, so my Turbo CD & Duo are both acting up, & I recently discovered the magic of hacking a Wii.  However, WiiMednafen only seems to work with bin files.  However, I can't seem to make any.  Any version of CDRWin I get, doesn't seem to work, I've been Googling like crazy looking for other programs that do bin files(most don't).  I can rip most cd games that are Japanese with TurboRip(most US games aren't ripping for some reason), but it's in the ISO/WAV format, & I don't see a way to rip them in BIN format, so, I'm stuck & pulling my hair out.  I thought it would be easy peasey to just rip my games & play em' on my Wii....such is not the case......  Can anyone else a brother out?

I got this working once. I think I used an old version of cdrwin (on win98 through emulation). It output an ISO. I simply renamed the .iso to .bin and I think that was all that was needed to get it to work on the Wii.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »
Yeah, playing cd's definitely didn't work.  I did see that one of the emulator's can play dvd's, so I thought maybe I could put all the cd games on a dvd....but then I saw how few of those games could fit on 1 dvd.  It'd probably take 30 dvd's to put all my Turbo cd's on there.

As for renaming an ISO to a BIN, if I did that, how would I include the WAV files that go with the ISO?  I could maybe do that with Addams family, & 1 or 2 others, where there's no redbook audio, but most have redbook. 

I still haven't been able to find an old CDRWin that'll work, usually says something about missing ASPI drivers, even though they were loaded when I installed it.  So it doesn't find any kind of CD/DVD drive to use.

Vecanti

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 11:10:24 AM »
The old cdrwin (think it was cdrwin) burns the whole CD to a single complete ISO.  So you end up with one large ISO and a CUE file. I think it only ran on Win98 though so I had to set up a VM run it or I would get aspi driver errors.