Author Topic: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx  (Read 1427 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: Konami Files Trademark for Turbografx
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:26 PM »
The NES re-issued exactly as it was. That's hilarious. What would be the point? The nostalgia of the 2nd shittiest cart slot of all time? Or do you just like using iPhone quantities of electricity to do abacus levels of computing? Do you like paying your portion of the tooling costs for mask ROMs in 2016?

People would still bitch about the controller length and that they "need" a ton of mods and upscalers to use it on their HDTV.

And...what...you can't find a NES for sale or something?

I'm not the greenest dude alive or anything but I wouldn't really be happy with Nintendo pumping out 20 million non-Energy Star Complient devices and 100M carts that are mainly just plastic boxes so that some 90s kids can harden their e-peen before loosing track of the things in a week.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 05:01:12 AM »
I would laugh if all it was is a modified raspberry pi with 30 roms loaded on it. Knowing modern Konami that isn't too far off from the truth...

thesteve

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »
As for the NES the RE-released unit would need HDMI and wireless controllers, but the carts could be functionally the same, and compatible

Mask roms wouldn't be needed as flash roms work just fine

exodus

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 07:06:26 AM »
Konami owns Hudson, wants to retain ownership of all its properties, also I happen to know another party filed for the trademark earlier, so this is likely to dispute that.

Really? Who was the other party? Kanye?

It's not kanye, but it's because of kanye's announcement. I'm not supposed to know, so I can't say!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 07:26:25 AM »
Konami owns Hudson, wants to retain ownership of all its properties, also I happen to know another party filed for the trademark earlier, so this is likely to dispute that.

It's not kanye, but it's because of kanye's announcement. I'm not supposed to know, so I can't say!

Then you shouldn't have said anything, lol. 

Nobody likes a tease.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

KingDrool

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »

It's official: Kardashians are on PCEngineFX.com.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

neopolss

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 03:06:06 PM »
Well honestly, my comment was based on the customers that come in our store.  Half the time they dont realize they can own a nes as often as I hear them lament about selling it.  They probably would just buy it again if it sat on a shelf at walmart.  Upgrades would be nice too.

The NES re-issued exactly as it was. That's hilarious. What would be the point? The nostalgia of the 2nd shittiest cart slot of all time? Or do you just like using iPhone quantities of electricity to do abacus levels of computing? Do you like paying your portion of the tooling costs for mask ROMs in 2016?

People would still bitch about the controller length and that they "need" a ton of mods and upscalers to use it on their HDTV.

And...what...you can't find a NES for sale or something?

I'm not the greenest dude alive or anything but I wouldn't really be happy with Nintendo pumping out 20 million non-Energy Star Complient devices and 100M carts that are mainly just plastic boxes so that some 90s kids can harden their e-peen before loosing track of the things in a week.