Author Topic: Problem with a few discs being read on my Turbo Duo  (Read 933 times)

Dracosavarian

Re: Problem with a few discs being read on my Turbo Duo
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »

I'm using the NEC AC Adaptor that came with my Turbo Duo. When I bought it years ago, it was Complete In Box, so it had everything that came with it.

Yeah MNKyDeth. Everything works fine that is a regular music CD or Turbo Grafx CD or Turbo Duo CD, as do most of the PCE Works discs.

It's just these few discs that won't read. It's frustrating. I am unable to test burned CDs at the moment, but I guess I can try that later. See if that works. I believe most people recommend 1x or 2x burn or the slowest speed burns on cd-rs right? I don't like using them, but, I can try to see if I can get one burned to test.

Slypty

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 07:47:32 AM »
I'm having a similar problem with a PCE Duo, but I remember that the one disc that only loads 'sometimes' was that way with other Duos I had. 

You may want to reburn some games, I'll take a stab at it and say that the quality of the media matters.  I might be wrong, but my burnt Bonks 3 boots up each time, but Akumajou only boots about 50%.  I actually was adjusting the height of the spindle when I ran in to this error, but it's super touchy so I wouldn't recommend adjusting spindle height unless you want more headaches.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 04:31:45 AM »
I'm having a similar problem with a PCE Duo, but I remember that the one disc that only loads 'sometimes' was that way with other Duos I had. 

You may want to reburn some games, I'll take a stab at it and say that the quality of the media matters.  I might be wrong, but my burnt Bonks 3 boots up each time, but Akumajou only boots about 50%.  I actually was adjusting the height of the spindle when I ran in to this error, but it's super touchy so I wouldn't recommend adjusting spindle height unless you want more headaches.

He's not using CDr's - he has PCEworks pressed bootlegs.

Spindle height is an issue with my TGCD, I had replaced the original spindle with one out of a Playstation, but that only lasted a couple years because it started moving up and down.  Eventually I put the OG spindle back, but it needs adjustment after every few games...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:35:55 AM by Lost Monkey »

Dracosavarian

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 04:00:34 PM »
I wanted to provide a quick update on this thread.

First of all, thank you immensely, to everyone who provided guidance and offered their help. You all have proved that this is a top notch community and I really appreciate your assistance.

On to the topic. PCE Nuggets contacted me as he saw this thread on the forum and I began a dialogue with him about the issue, on how I had I troubleshot everything so far and if he had any suggestions etc on what I could do on my end to fix this, as I like to gain in knowledge and try to be self reliant.

PCE Nuggets offered to work on the system and resolve the issue for me, at no cost to me whatsoever, as he stands by his work. I shipped my Turbo Duo off to him and paid for the shipping myself, which I voluntarily did to place a high amount of insurance on it and signature required, as I am paranoid beyond measure about how the USPS handles my packages. Seriously...I've had packages arrive from the USPS that were marked FRAGILE in HUGE Letters everywhere on the package, and they still had massive, gaping craters the size of the box itself on the sides where it had been punctured. I don't take chances on anything I ship out to get repaired because of incidents like that.

And resolve it he did. I sent him my PCE Works discs that had failed along with my Turbo Duo and after some calibration and extensive testing on his end to ensure the problem was fixed, he sent the unit back to me.

Two of the PCE Works discs that gave me nothing but absolute fits when I tried to play them in the past, both booted up instantly without issue. Previously, the system wouldn't even get to a set disc error or anything. It would just endlessly spin. I'm going to play Spriggan and the other games I had issues with tomorrow after I get some sleep, but I am confident that the problem is resolved 100%.

I also sent in a PC Engine Shuttle as well, to be RGB modded while he was working on the Turbo Duo. That one I paid for.

Let's just say that I am beyond extremely happy with the end result of my PC Engine Shuttle's RGB Mod. The RGB Output from my OSSC into my HDTV is so sharp that it makes my eyes bleed. I loaded up Jackie Chan's action Kung Fu and all I saw was pure, unadulterated, crisp RGB BLISS.

So again, thank you everyone for your help. And to PCE Nuggets, dude, you rock. Again, I cannot thank you enough for helping me out as extensively as you have. It is so very awesome to know that reliable modders like you are out there who care extensively and deeply about the work they do.

Night all for now. Take care.

Dracosavarian

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 12:43:26 AM »

Final update:

All of the PCE Works discs that gave me problems work now. :)

Felt good to get in some awesome old school gaming. Thanks again to this community, and a huge, huge thanks to PCE Nuggets. I really appreciate everything he did for me. Cannot thank him enough. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55:16 AM »
So what'd he do to fix it?

Adjusted pots?  New caps?  Sacred goat sacrifice?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

crazydean

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 05:30:39 AM »
So what'd he do to fix it?

Adjusted pots?  New caps?  Sacred goat sacrifice?

Ah yes, the ole "sacrifice a goat to appease the gods" method. This has gotten me out of more situations than I care to mention right now.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 05:38:53 AM »
The system read originals and burned discs when I received it.
However the PCE Works discs were having issues.

I had to increase the pot on the lens (clockwise) and adjust vr102 slightly to get it to read the pce works discs.

I have several PCE Works discs myself from back when Bernie was around and those discs had no issues on the system.

Not sure if the discs were of lower quality but they seemed alright from a normal just looking at them with the naked eye perspective.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 08:20:29 AM »
Ah yes, the ole "sacrifice a goat to appease the gods" method. This has gotten me out of more situations than I care to mention right now.

Never underestimate the Lamia.

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GohanX

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »

Never underestimate the Labia.

I know, right?

wilykat

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »
When I have problem, I find it's easier to find a virgin boy to sacrifice to a shotachan community than to find and hire a virgin girl.