Author Topic: PC Engine Duo R - RGB modded, Euro SCART Cable colors inverted  (Read 536 times)

sonicx64

I bought a PC Engine Duo R console that was RGB modded.

I bought an RGB SCART cable for my PC Engine Duo R, since the RGB cable that came with it was Japanese. This is what I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201525659364

The image is fine when I use composite, but when I use RGB, the image is all inverted. I double checked to make sure everything was connected correctly, but don't seem to have any success.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:22:13 PM by sonicx64 »

mickcris

Re: PC Engine Duo R - RGB modded, Euro SCART Cable colors inverted
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »
whoever modded your duo-r used a different pinout on the din jack than the one that most people use.  you will either have to open the console or cable and swap wires. most likely just r and b are in different locations.

MobiusStripTech

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
Mickcris beat me to it. Swap those wires and you are golden.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

sonicx64

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
whoever modded your duo-r used a different pinout on the din jack than the one that most people use.  you will either have to open the console or cable and swap wires. most likely just r and b are in different locations.

Thanks for the insight. I am not very well versed in modding and soldering. Is there someone based in North America who could help me with this? Or I may try and contact the seller of the RGB cable to see if they can make it to fit my console since they hand make them.

sonicx64

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
Mickcris beat me to it. Swap those wires and you are golden.
I gotta do some research on how to swap the wires. Thanks a lot for the advice.

MobiusStripTech

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
You can either open the console and desolder then resolver the swapped colors. Or you can open the scart head and swap the swapped colors. This can be done without any soldering if you are careful when removing the r and b pins.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

Keith Courage

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
The scart end will be the easiest. Just have to swap the blue with the red. Almost everyone uses the same pin for green so leave that alone.

mickcris

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »

Thanks for the insight. I am not very well versed in modding and soldering. Is there someone based in North America who could help me with this? Or I may try and contact the seller of the RGB cable to see if they can make it to fit my console since they hand make them.

what city/state are you in? im sure someone can do this for you.  RCA (who you bought it from) im sure will also let you return that on and swap the wires too.  Just sometimes she can be a bit hard to get a hold of.

sonicx64

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »

what city/state are you in? im sure someone can do this for you.  RCA (who you bought it from) im sure will also let you return that on and swap the wires too.  Just sometimes she can be a bit hard to get a hold of.

I'm in the Miami/Fort. Lauderdale area in Florida. RCA seems to be based in West Palm Beach which is a 30min-1hour drive from me which is great, whenever I have a question she usually responds on eBay in about a day or two.

Anyway, I want to also find someone to take a look at my PC Engine overall to adjust the CD drive.

Thanks for all the help guys,

sonicx64

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
RCA responded to me this morning and is going to take a look at the wire.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

incrediblehark

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
Glad to hear it sounds like an easy fix  :wink: