Author Topic: duo rx hucard works but with no huecard cd system no 3.0 cd system post  (Read 448 times)

mario_pic

got an odd problem iv never come accross i got a duo rx  for my collection  hucard works  bit when hue card is removed to play cd games i get colored screens if i cycle power i get white i get blue or brown  screen its almost like systen thinks hucards still installed

anyone have this problem   also system had a region mod looks like seller patched it back to stock 

HuMan

A friend of mine has a black PC Engine Duo system with this same problem, he has yet to find the problem.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=21554.0

mario_pic

figured it out just a few min ago  looks like theres 4 ic chips for the hucard slot that switch over to internal rom  thats bad i swaped one out at ic that leads to the pins for the region mod ill post the name of the ic chip and a photo as soon as i get back home

SignOfZeta

This is maybe not the place to bring this up, but I sure would love a Duo with the Arcade Card perma-mounted in place of the standard 3.0. That would be very nice.

mario_pic

ic that was bad is in location IC520 o the underside of the pcb near the hucard slot

esteban

This is maybe not the place to bring this up, but I sure would love a Duo with the Arcade Card perma-mounted in place of the standard 3.0. That would be very nice.

This is not the time, nor the place...

But it would be very nice, indeed (in another thread, at another time).

:)
  |    | 

blueraven

If you pursue this project, do not use a welder.

That would be excessive and potentially cause damage to the system and hucard
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

mario_pic

got a real reflow bench at work  and i got a weller solder vac station so im good to go now i just need to figure out y the cd drive spins at 10000km an hour lol  when it trys to load a disk  got a feeling the ic that controlls the laser motor assembly id bad  as well

thesteve

IC520 failures are somewhat common on all duo version and NEC LA pac
it is the only chip that switches between card and internal bus
on most it wont load card either as it shorts the data bus