Author Topic: some excessive `handling` costs on ebay....  (Read 324 times)

cheezio

some excessive `handling` costs on ebay....
« on: October 13, 2006, 11:05:44 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260040581678&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

I can't believe the guy is justifying 125 dollars to post 3 hucards to the UK??

At that price I`d expect a them to come in a HUGE box (and maybe gold llaminated)  ;)

rolins

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:38:24 AM »
Just another scheme that retard sellers like to pull. It's a loop hole really. Not only does it keeps the sellers Final Value Fees low. But if the buyer wants a refund the seller is only obligated to return the amount that was paid for the item, and that doesn't include the shipping costs.

vestcoat

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »
Yeah, there was a copy of Neutopia 2 up last year for $5 and $100+ shipping.
Total BS.

Unrelated to handling costs, this is my favorite auction currently up on Ebay.
If I could have any five games for a mere $241, these are probably the ones I'd choose...
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-RARE-COLLECTORS-PREMIUM-CLASSIC-PC-ENGINE-GAMES_W0QQitemZ150032617675QQihZ005QQcategoryZ72501QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 :roll:

Note which two games are described as "very rare."

MottZilla

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:38:54 AM »
Like rolins said, it's an obvious part of ebay and you really shouldn't buy from people like that. They could intentionally screw you, and even if you get a refund, they still make money and you lose money. You should only pay actual shipping costs, maybe a couple bucks more. Anything more is just some bs.

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »
I hope eBay does something about these high shipping costs as they always say.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

cavein2000

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 03:58:54 PM »
Speaking of ridiculous auctions did anyone happen to see the auction in someone's ebay store for a flintstones dino peak manual?  They had a BIN for 300.00 on it.  Someone asked the question "Were you dropped on your head as a child?" - which they posted to the auction.  They replied, "yes, and while I was on the floor I found this manual."  Although there asking price was insane, they recovered some points in my opinion.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

cheezio

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »
I just can't believe people bid on these dodgy auctions, I`m guessing either they are not looking at the shipping cost, or they could possibly be fake accounts generated by the seller.

and re. those `premium` games - yes... i think the chap must have been in a hurry when he wrote "very rare", and actually meant to type "very bad games, really awful to play, not really worth your consideration beyond curiosity"

esteban

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 12:07:26 PM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"
Yeah, there was a copy of Neutopia 2 up last year for $5 and $100+ shipping.
Total BS.

Unrelated to handling costs, this is my favorite auction currently up on Ebay.
If I could have any five games for a mere $241, these are probably the ones I'd choose...
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-RARE-COLLECTORS-PREMIUM-CLASSIC-PC-ENGINE-GAMES_W0QQitemZ150032617675QQihZ005QQcategoryZ72501QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 :roll:

Note which two games are described as "very rare."
I have a sealed JP copy of DEEP BLUE. It must be worth $$$$$$ according to this seller :)
  |    | 

dj898

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »
this remind me the first time I got my figure off eBay years ago.
The thing normally cost around $95 retail so when I saw one for $9.95 I jumped into it not realising the S/H was $75! @_@

to cut the story short I did paid since it was still cheaper than buying from local shop but I learnt my lesson.