Author Topic: Concerning ebay seller boldvideogames...  (Read 698 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Concerning ebay seller boldvideogames...
« on: March 09, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »
boldvideogames
http://www.ebay.com/usr/boldvideogames

Late last year I purchased a few SFC games. One games battery was dead and starting to leak. The seller did not list it as such. Informed the seller, they offered a refund but I turned it down. It was a minor problem that was easily fixed, and just suggested they test the carts better before listing them to avoid future problems. I left them 100 percent positive feedback for every item. Fast forward to today, went to place a purchase with them and found they had blocked my account. Strange reaction all things considered, as the messages back and fourth were civil, and they got good fb from me. Anyway, just consider it a warning. They don't seem to handle issues they create in a very positive manner I guess. Not very good for repeat business.

xelement5x

Re: Concerning ebay seller boldvideogames...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:35:29 AM »
boldvideogames
http://www.ebay.com/usr/boldvideogames

Late last year I purchased a few SFC games. One games battery was dead and starting to leak. The seller did not list it as such. Informed the seller, they offered a refund but I turned it down. It was a minor problem that was easily fixed, and just suggested they test the carts better before listing them to avoid future problems. I left them 100 percent positive feedback for every item. Fast forward to today, went to place a purchase with them and found they had blocked my account. Strange reaction all things considered, as the messages back and fourth were civil, and they got good fb from me. Anyway, just consider it a warning. They don't seem to handle issues they create in a very positive manner I guess. Not very good for repeat business.

Some sellers are just weird like that.  There is a local reseller I know who is super cautious like that and will block people from future purchases if they have any issues at all afterwards, his thinking is that they're testing the water on smaller transactions to try and rip him off on a big one.  Personally I think he's a bit nuts, but he also spends all day hitting thrift shops/garage sales as a job so, yeahhhh.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

MrBroadway

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:43:33 AM »
^In other words, nuts.

hit-japan blocked me after I removed negative feedback for some shit carts he sent me (feedback only was left after he didn't respond). The f*cker. Everyone gushes over him so much, but as soon as something small happens, he's (they're?) a major prick. Others say the exact same thing.

The most bullshitty thing on ebay is that sellers can block buyers, but there is no way to put a buyer's wares on ignore, so they still pollute your searches.

That goodness I do 90% of my VG sales through VG forums. Good people, better prices, and if there's a rotten egg, mods/members actually take care of it.

bob

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:11 AM »
I had a couple of very good transactions with "bold".  he seemed pretty honest and I got what was described.  he had a make offer for one game which he didn't even try to negotiate.  I sent my offer which was pretty low (I expected a counter).  I never did reach out to him with an issue, so I'm not sure if he would have blocked me, but I was happy with the seller.  Especially considering some of the other turds on ebay in comparison.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:45:31 AM »
that is kinda weird for him to block you after you told him about an issue you had with a cart you bought from him. he probably got butthurt but that's definitely not good business on their end. i'll be sure not to buy from them if they're going to be like that

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
Yeah it just caught me off guard. They were pretty civil in their reply when they offered a refund for the battery cost, though I never gave any impression that I wanted the such in either PM I sent to them. I think all they really wanted was positive FB, and just planned to block me as soon as I left it. They clearly don't like suggestions on how to improve their sales. The passive aggressive shit of blocking my id from purchases is pretty childish, just a plain out dick move.

This is the messages that were sent back and forth:

DarkKobold

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 06:59:11 PM »
BUMPADOO!!!

He's wrong, I just didn't want this asshole buying from me.

I was professional to him, from the perspective of running my eBay store, rather than as someone on the forums. So, I offered a partial refund, which he strangely refused. I think, back then, the battery wasn't even dead (I'd actually played the game about 3 months prior, and professional mode was unlocked, which required the battery.) That's why he refused the refund, he was just on a fishing expedition to figure out it was me. SURPRISE! IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!

Funny enough, he also bought something from a local friend and threw an absolute tantrum, and after that I blocked him.

It's ironic too, because in true ProfProf form, he didn't say that the battery was "leaking" until after I had blocked him. 

Hey, you.

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 08:04:46 PM »
LOL

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 11:12:47 AM »
Gold! hahah

esteban

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 02:37:36 AM »
BUMPADOO!!!

He's wrong, I just didn't want this asshole buying from me.

I was professional to him, from the perspective of running my eBay store, rather than as someone on the forums. So, I offered a partial refund, which he strangely refused. I think, back then, the battery wasn't even dead (I'd actually played the game about 3 months prior, and professional mode was unlocked, which required the battery.) That's why he refused the refund, he was just on a fishing expedition to figure out it was me. SURPRISE! IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!

Funny enough, he also bought something from a local friend and threw an absolute tantrum, and after that I blocked him.

It's ironic too, because in true ProfProf form, he didn't say that the battery was "leaking" until after I had blocked him.

Ok, I didn't wake up expecting to hear any stories like this. hahahahahahhahahahhaa.

:pcgs:
  |    |