Author Topic: PC Engine Duo Laser moves, Spindle rotates but CD doesn't spin.  (Read 128 times)

Shoey

PC Engine Duo Laser moves, Spindle rotates but CD doesn't spin.
« on: October 05, 2024, 05:57:22 PM »

Hi,

Hi, tried searching the thread but I can't find this specific issue. I came across a "untested" PC Engine Duo for a great price so I took a chance on it. Happy to find that it works, reads HU cards with no issues but the CD has an issue. If I hold the door button I can see that laser move, if I put a disc in hold the door button I can see the spindle in the center spinning but when I close the door, the CD doesn't spin. It's like it's not gripping properly. Any suggestions?

I should note that I haven't opened it yet, no recap, and I'm testing with a burned disc as I don't have any originals yet.

Thanks

Keith Courage

Re: PC Engine Duo Laser moves, Spindle rotates but CD doesn't spin.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2024, 10:14:14 PM »
The center CD spindle might have gotten pushed down during shipment or when someone pushed on top of the lid too hard. The metal platform that the CD sits on should stick out above the top of the Black plastic surround slightly. Not so much that you can see under it. But just enough that the CD doesn't scrape on the plastic surround.

Shoey

Re: PC Engine Duo Laser moves, Spindle rotates but CD doesn't spin.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 12:50:25 AM »
Thanks, you were right, took me a few tries to get the right height. It's working great now!