Author Topic: Need some advice about the worth of Turbo Duo/Grafx sealed games  (Read 244 times)

pooch

If you know anything about the worth of Turbo Duo or Turbo Grafx sealed games, could you kindly send me a pm?

I want to ask you for an opinion.

I am not the seller but the potential buyer. The seller is asking me to make an offer, I made an offer but I do not want to overpay. So please send me a PM if you could kindly help me out. Thanks!

BTW, is pcengine and pcefreak the same guy coz they have the same 400+ brand new PCE games collection? I am confused.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:36:10 PM by pooch »

2X4

Re: Need some advice about the worth of Turbo Duo/Grafx sealed games
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 02:35:25 AM »
It completely depends on which games they are.  Sealed turbo games range from like $30 to well over $200.  You'll have to be more specific.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 04:33:21 AM »
Actually, I've seen them sell for between $1 to $1200($1500?) on eBay.

Many games are completely worthless. Then when some of the perceived to be rarer and sought after games are sold sealeed, sellers usually pick some ridiculous expontential pricce that they think thwey can get out of one person if they hold out long enough.

From what I've seen on eBay, sealed average games that aren't worthless of uber rare usually go for no more than double the regular price of a pretty good condition complrete copy.

If the game you're thinking of buying is Fatal Fury 2, don't pay more than $10 for it, but if you shop around you can get it for $5(and its best value you'll ever get for a sealed game if you intend to open and play it).  :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:29:19 AM »
A sealed game is nice because you know nobody has put fingerprints on the manual yet or whatever. Decide how much more you want to pay for this simple convenience because that is the only reason to pay more since when you open it the "sealed" premium will be gone.

um......you *will* be opening it, right?

takashirose

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 06:53:49 AM »
I would pay no more than $70 on a sealed game that I would buy, but if I would buy a sealed Bonk 3 game that goes for at least $200, I would not open the sealed one and then try to find a Bonk 3 game opened and used so that I would still have a sealed one that is woth a lot of money.  But if the game is $30 new, I would open it.  I have a sealed Bonk's Adventure that I got, not knowing that I will get a Turbo Duo the folowing week with BOnk 1 and 2 with GoT on it.  It all depends on the price my friend.  :)
Let the old mix with the new.