Author Topic: Dungeon Explorer 2 Hyvoris Ruins help  (Read 249 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Dungeon Explorer 2 Hyvoris Ruins help
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:01:42 PM »
I'm at the end of the game, but, I can't for the life of me remember how to get into the rest of the ruins.  Basically, where you find Yuri the Engineer.  There's more to the ruins that I can't access, & I think I've done it in the past, but, I can't remember how.  Anybody?

Also, is there a miniquest for the everbody?  It seems like I didn't have any miniquests for Riot, Gwen, B E, Shun, Miriam, Xan, or Yuri, though, maybe only the main char's have quests?  I did the woods as Dorz quest, I did the cave challenge thing for Alex, I did the hideout thing for Ardin, I did the religious thing for Sorin, I the elf villiage for Fina, & I did the locked door in the desert for Sepi(unless, that isn't his miniquest?).  But, at the least, I can't figure out Riot's. 

nat

Re: Dungeon Explorer 2 Hyvoris Ruins help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »
Yuri has something although I don't know if I'd call it a "quest". You have to meet up with a villager in some town and he will give you a special item. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, I only did it once and it was a while ago.

Where exactly are you trying to go in Hyvoris? I don't recall there being all that much to do there aside from finding the character.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:19:22 PM »
For Yuri, you find his master who gives him a new hammer, which upgrades him.  I figured it out this time around, since, the guy stood out like a sore thumb compared to the other sprites :D

Anyways, in the very first Hyrvoris area, where you meet Yuri, there's a bunch of blocked off area's that I can't get to, but you can tell they go somewhere, plus there's enemies in those blocked area's.  So, there's gotta be something there.  Also, I might mention, there's one PSG song in the hes file, that, I can't figure out where it takes place, so, since I'm compiling the soundtrack for uploading, I put it last & named "unknown".

nat

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »
For Yuri, you find his master who gives him a new hammer, which upgrades him.  I figured it out this time around, since, the guy stood out like a sore thumb compared to the other sprites :D

Yeah, that's right. The "War Hammer" I think it is. :)

Anyways, in the very first Hyrvoris area, where you meet Yuri, there's a bunch of blocked off area's that I can't get to, but you can tell they go somewhere, plus there's enemies in those blocked area's.  So, there's gotta be something there. 

Maybe I'll load it up tomorrow and see what's doing. I can't remember offhand.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 03:32:11 AM »
The way I remember it, only the main characters have unique side quests and the "hidden" characters are considered side quests themselves.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum