Author Topic: WTB: PCE GT w/ bad screen  (Read 204 times)

nat

WTB: PCE GT w/ bad screen
« on: March 20, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »
Apparently in replacing the sound caps on my GT I somehow fried the motherboard. It no longer powers up at all. Not sure how this could have happened, really. After I had it all back together I turned it on, the screen flashed a white flash and then everything was dead. Yes, I tried fresh batteries.

So.... I am looking for someone with a GT or TE in crappy condition, or even a broken LCD, but a working motherboard. I actually don't even need a full GT, just the motherboard itself.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you've got something that can help me.

grahf

Re: WTB: PCE GT w/ bad screen
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
You probably just blew the fuse. Its directly under the power switch. Looks like a resistor, but says 1A on it. Check it with a voltmeter to check if its blown. You can bypass it with a little jumper wire, but be sure you dont have any shorts anywhere before you do.

ctoomey

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »
maybe this is what I did when messing with my TE to convert it to play JAP cards....Hmmm, can you explain a little more about 'jumping' the capacitor?

grahf

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
Its not a capacitor, its an actual fuse. Its black, says 1A (1 amp) on it, and its soldered to the board directly under the power switch. See if that works to bypass it. If it does, you can buy a replacment fuse.  If it doesnt, I might want to buy your broken Express for parts. I sent you a PM.