Author Topic: Pac Land help  (Read 289 times)

Spector

Pac Land help
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »
On level 3 of the first stage of this game, pac man reaches a springboard which is used to clear a river that follows it. I can't get past the water though, as no matter what way I jump, the yellow guy goes in the drink. Any tips on how to get past this bit?
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

Spector

Re: Pac Land help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:37:04 PM »
It's okay, I found out that you keep pushing the joypad up to keep pacman floating in the air #-o
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 02:37:03 AM »
Lmao, dude I had the same problem when I first played it. When I figured it out I was like ooohh thats how you do it.

nat

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:43:45 PM »
I always just turned the turbo switches ON for those parts. There are much longer jumps like that further in the game.

gundarN

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »
I bought Pac-Land recently and had the same problem. I then realised that I had figured it out years ago on the arcade version.
I felt a right tit.

guyjin

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »
I bought Pac-Land recently and had the same problem. I then realised that I had figured it out years ago on the arcade version.
I felt a right tit.

that was something in the back of your mind telling you that pac-land is garbage and you shouldn't have bought it.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
I could always never figure that out either, it wasn't until my little brother found out. Hell I still forgot how until Spector mentioned it!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 03:06:18 AM »
Public Service Announcement: Please do not use turbo-switches for this game. Thank you.

Pac Land would be awesome if it wasn't so repetitive. Honestly, trying to speed-run through this game (you know: with a nice, flowing path... not a jerky one) is pretty enjoyable for me. The floaty controls aid me in my quest....
  |    |