Author Topic: Power Golf appreciation thread  (Read 639 times)

vestcoat

Re: Power Golf appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
POW-WER GOLF!  POW-WER GOLF!

Pow-Pow-Power Golf!

nat

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »
As for the black sheep, games like Deep Blue, China Warrior and Night Creatures are certainly distinct.  There's no reason for a golf game that's so utterly generic to ever gain a cult following. 

"Good call" of the day goes to...... runinruder!

offsidewing

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 04:20:08 PM »
Power Golf 2 is the worst piece of shit ever.  Power Golf ROCKS!
I've been wanting to play Power Golf 2 because of the cool realistic pictures! I was hoping for someone to say how this game was going to be better than the first. Is the music good at least?

I can't describe which of my nuts I put in Power Golf 2's mouth first.  The ONLY cool thing is the background noises.  The passing prop plane.  The occasional cow mooing.  Other than that, the game is UBER-Lame.  The screen advances with the travel of the ball every 65 yds or so.  The system has to load each screen every 75 yards.  Putting is easy.  The realistic photos of each hole before you play it is annoying after

Now, I don't speak Japanese, so I cant' comment on the "Career Mode" but the game is lame.  I recently paid $1.99 for it and I have buyers remorse.

I did pay $75 bucks in 1993 to get this, and tolerated it then.

I wonder if GO! GO! Expensive as hell CHANCE is any better.

POW-WER GOLF!  POW-WER GOLF!

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »
I'll buy it from you for $2.50 :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 06:30:31 PM »
Quote from: Tron

ON THE GWEEN!

I love that as well as when you get a par, the scorecard comes up and she says "Player 1 had a baaaaaad day!".  I just got par, bitch!  That's pretty good, especially with these insanely designed devil courses!  It's probably my most played game on my Neo Geo.  I also have Top Players Golf, but the control isn't tremendously good in that one.  And when he says "PUT FOR PAR" the P's pop.  Bad recordings.  It also has insanely designed devil courses.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:33:24 PM by Joe Redifer »

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
Actually I think Top Players Golf has really good controls, it just takes adjusting like any golf game does. My favorite is chipping out of sand bunks to roll onto the green, just an awesome, awesome feeling. I also love the caddy chicks that give you advice befor each course.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
Only because of the fancy-schmancy scaling effects (which are a bit weird in that game, as if one half of the screen is scaling at a different rate than the other half).  The caddy chick Engrish is pretty good as well.

MrFulci

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »
vestcoat is driving for real.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

2X4

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 05:28:03 PM »
Perfect implementation by Mr. Fulci.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 05:43:18 PM »
Not quite perfect, as I have no clue what he is talking about.