Author Topic: Question about North Mexican, er, Canadian releases..  (Read 1099 times)

GUTS

Re: Question about North Mexican, er, Canadian releases..
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 07:53:22 AM »
Yeah I've known a few really cool mexican guys, but they were legal and actually raised here by legal parents who went through the trouble of getting citizenship.  Hell they didn't even like most mexicans.  I just visited L.A. a few months ago and that place is the biggest shit hole on the face of the earth, God I was happy to get the f*ck out of there.  There were whole parts of the city where everything was in f*cking spanish, it was absolutely disgusting.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 08:46:25 AM »
If you live in an area with tons of mexicans, you'd probably dislike them and their culture as much as I do.  I've found that generally the only people that defend them are people who don't live around them.
I live next to heavy Mexican populated towns and have worked with and met lots of illegal Mexicans and I can't see how they're bad people at all. All of the ones I have talked to are really cool, friendly people, even if they can't speak fluent English.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
Every morning I drive by a Costco & Home Depot in an industrial district on my way to work. Every day there are huge groups (and I mean huge) of Mexicans standing in the lot waiting for the early morning contractors, landscapers and construction folks to make their daily stop at Home Depot to pick up supplies. Why? Because these people also pick up these Mexicans and pay them under the table to work for them for the day. I guarantee not a single one of these Mexicans is legal.

Haha, maybe this video will ease your pain.

http://www.fugly.com/videos/3658/racist_mexican.html

nat

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »
That video is seriously hilarious.

But that's really exactly how it is at this Home Depot/Costco parking lot. Every. Single. Day.

2X4

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
I don't like illegal immigration, but that guy pisses me off.  "f*cking beaners,"  well I wonder how he would feel if someone told him that those "f*cking beaners" make homes more affordable for tight-ass jews like him.  He wouldn't be laughing too hard at that one.  I hate the problem, but those are human beings he's f*cking with, and if he's jewish, one would think he would have a little emphathy for the pain caused by racism. 

Don't you guys feel a little bad for those people?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Haha, maybe this video will ease your pain.

http://www.fugly.com/videos/3658/racist_mexican.html

Haha, that was funny as hell! I do agree with 2X4 though and thought that was rude as hell. If I was an illegal Mexican, I'd probably hunt down that guy and kick his ass.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 12:48:09 PM »
Ha ha ha, that was a funny video, but those mexicans were adorable! They seem to be awesome people! :D

vestcoat

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »
Good point 2x4.   Mexicans are one of the largest groups of recent immigrants to the US, many of them are in a tough situation financially and I agree that poverty affects how they’re perceived.
I didn’t mean to rant at you yesterday, sorry.

----------

Moving on, the guy in that video deserves a curbie. 
I’d like to address some of the generalizations in this thread and share my thoughts.  I know moving off the topic of video games can put us in dangerous water, so I’ll tread carefully.

I’ve done a lot of non-profit, outreach work in Latino, Somali, and Hmong neighborhoods organizing on Superfund toxic waste sites and setting up an energy co-op.  These are usually the worst neighborhoods in Minneapolis because the people can’t afford to live anywhere else.  Even though many of the immigrants speak no English, I’ve found them to be hardworking, interested in their communities, and far less close-minded than white people in middle class demographics.  I also assist ESL classes with adult students and let me say that English is a damn hard language to learn, especially post-adolescence and while working two jobs to support a family.  First generation immigrants may never learn English, but their kids sure do.  It’s also important to remember this country has no official language.  Considering we’ve turned the US into a land Starbucks and Cracker Barrels, I think seeing some new people or hearing a language I’m not familiar with is kind of refreshing.

I went to Argentina a few years ago and got so frustrated speaking my terrible Spanish I eventually gave up and decided that I’d rather be a stupid American speaking English than a stupid American speaking bad Spanish.  I’m sure a lot of Spanish speakers feel just as frustrated over here.

Visiting my grandpa in San Diego this winter I witnessed the long lines of Mexicans waiting for work in the morning.  It’s worth noting that this is a tradition for them.  In Mexican towns, it’s common for the male laborers to gather in a central place and wait for work everyday.  They’ve been doing this for generations and I don’t think there’s anything degrading about it.  I’m impressed how they’re always standing up, nodding and making eye contact even if they’ve been waiting for hours in the sun.  I’m sure most of them are not citizens, but there are plenty of other illegal immigrants, not paid under-the-table, who annually contribute 7 billion dollars to our social security that they’ll never collect.  Illegal immigrants are also not eligible for welfare, food stamps or any federal health care programs.  Latinos with citizenship only make up 9% of our welfare system.  The percentage of our population that is foreign born is half what it was one hundred years ago and I don’t think we have any reason to freak out.  We’ve already messed up our country a lot more than anyone else will and I think immigrants make us better in the long run.

Dungeon Explorer rules. Turbografx is awesome
And no, Canadian boxes/manuals are not collectable.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:04:17 PM by vestcoat »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
I’m sure most of them are not citizens, but there are plenty of other illegal immigrants, not paid under-the-table, who annually contribute 7 billion dollars to our social security that they’ll never collect.  Illegal immigrants are also not eligible for welfare, food stamps or any federal health care programs.  Latinos with citizenship only make up 9% of our welfare system.

That 7 billion dollars is peanuts compared to the emergency medical care given to illegal immigrants and doesn't touch the education costs for children of illegal immigrants.  I pity anyone that has had their SS# used by an illegal, as they often claim multiple dependents to minimize the government's slice of the pie.  When April 15th rolls around, the poor bastard gets to explain to the IRS why they haven't paid in enough.

PS - I'm not racist.  I hate everyone equally.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
PS - I'm not racist.  I hate everyone equally.

YOU STOLE MY MANTRA! 0_0

But that video isn't even funny, really, and I'm a white guy.

As long as the aliens aren't doing anything wrong, it's OK in my book.

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
I don't think any Mexicans were harmed in the making of that video, it was only a practical joke.