Author Topic: Big Game Matchup TWO  (Read 326 times)

runinruder

Big Game Matchup TWO
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:45:22 AM »
I think this is a bit of a slaughter, myself.  Dynastic Hero has some nice music and a couple decent-looking stages, but Dragon's Curse annihilates it in gameplay and level design. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

Re: Big Game Matchup TWO
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »
I had to vote DC because I've never actually played the Turbo version of the sequel. Although I *have* played Wonderboy V on the Genesis which is mostly the same game aside from the music, if I understand correctly.

Wonderboy: Dragon's Curse has an awesome factor of infinity. Wonderboy V's awesome factor is actually a tangible number.

No contest here.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:01:11 AM »
DC is way better as an actual game.

At first, DH/MWIII seemed like everything I wanted in an adventurey Monster World game, in that it seemed to be a larger evolution of WBIII/MWII with nice 16-bit aesthetics.

But one play through was all I could handle before it became tedious and boring orverall. The play progression/overall design just isn't very good.

Where as DC/WBIII/MWII is the pinnacle of thre MW series because of the great layout/progression. It still looks and sounds great on any system, but its the gameplay and real fun that everyone loves it for.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »
They're both awesome, but I prefer Dynastic Hero 'cause it's a little more varied than Dragon's Curse.  Maybe it's the A.D.D. kicking in, but I get a little bored with Dragon's Curse.  D.H.'s red book soundtrack don't hurt either.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:22:05 AM »
I voted Dragon's Curse, even though I still haven't played through all of Dynastic Hero. Granted I love both games, but Dragon's Curse is pure old skool fun.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:59:37 AM »
Dynastic Hero. Because of the grafficks. Sure, the level design is a joke, but at least it is nice to look at. I think Dragon's Curse is too hard.

runinruder

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
I think Dragon's Curse is too hard.

Baby. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Joe Redifer

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »
Dragon's Curse.  Both are great games, but I feel DC has a bit more personality, not to mention speed and fun.  Music's better as well.

nat

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »
Yeah, the soundtrack in DC kicks ass, especially for HuCard music. One of the best.

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 03:43:43 PM »
Not fond of either game, honestly...where the "Neither" option? :-({|=