Author Topic: japanese cd games on a u.s. duo?  (Read 240 times)

CosMind

japanese cd games on a u.s. duo?
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
yeah, probably a stupid question - but, can u.s. duos play japanese disc games without any mod or extension?

Turbo D

Re: japanese cd games on a u.s. duo?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »
yes, all the cd games are region free. If you want to play arcade cds you need the arcade card tho.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »
And the Arcade Card will require and adapter to run on a US Duo.  There really aren't any "must have" games for the Arcade Card unfortunately.  However if you are really into the system, then it does indeed become a must-have... it just depends on how often you play the thing.

nat

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
If you're a fighter fan like me, then the Arcade Card is a must-have. Fatal Fury 2 & Special, Art of Fighting, World Heroes 2, Kabuki Itourydan, etc...

runinruder

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:31:24 PM »
And Sapphire's a brilliant shooter, and Madou Monogatari is probably in my top 5 PCE games. 

Of course, they each cost about a billion dollars.  But I'd say they're must-haves if we're just talking in terms of game quality. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nodtveidt

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »
My US TG-CD briefcase setup is region-modded so it can use the ACD. Just get your Duo region-modded and it'll be able to run all Japanese cards, including the ACD.

CosMind

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »
word
up

i had an inclination that disc games would run on all regions of the hardware.  thanks a ton for assuring me of the facts.
and, thanks even more for the extending information.  it will definitely come in handy somewhere in the future.