Author Topic: Brand spanking new Turbo Duo on eBay  (Read 179 times)

ceti alpha

Brand spanking new Turbo Duo on eBay
« on: October 01, 2007, 03:58:09 AM »
I just thought I'd post this up here. The person selling it bought it years ago from TZD and never opened it. The starting bid is $499.00, but the BIN price is $699.00. (I never thought I'd see the day when the Canadian price listing would be cheaper than the American. I'm so used to adding 15 or 20 bucks to the American price. I should really be buying shit up right now. lol).

The Duo I bought actually came with the box and foam/wrapping, but it didn't have the advertising band around the box. It's amazing seeing the pictures. Brings back fond memories of excitement and yet, at the same time, disappointment knowing that I wouldn't be owning one anytime soon. heh.

Well, if someone here has $700.00 burning a hole in their pocket I'd pick this puppy up.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Brand spanking new Turbo Duo on eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 04:30:22 AM »
Thanks for the link.  :roll:

You'd have to have a giant hard on for a brand new, in the box Duo to waste $700 or even $500.  That's way too high, considering Dean is selling a region free and s-video modded Duo-R for $275 shipped, but there's a lot of people out there with more money than common sense.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 04:37:48 AM »
but there's a lot of people out there with more money than common sense.

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant by my last sentence of my post.  :P There's no way I'd fork out that kind of coin for a Duo, new or not. Especially, as you said, because there are better deals for modded Duos.

Oh, and sorry for not posting the link. hehe. My bad.   #-o

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

D-Lite

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »
that's strictly a collector's piece so asking $500 is crazy but not that much if you think about it.  No one that just wants to play would buy that thing by accident, especially considering just opening it and playing it it may have a redbook audio problem  :oops:
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com