Author Topic: FS: TurboGrafx hardware (feeler)  (Read 269 times)

nat

FS: TurboGrafx hardware (feeler)
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »
I have two TG decks I'm considering selling. This message it to guage possible interest. I haven't decided yet if I really want to sell but if there is demand I might do it.

I'm not abandoning my NEC consoles, quite the contrary-- after 17 years, I've gotten to the point of "how many NEC consoles is TOO MANY?" I still have my Duo, SuperGrafx w/CD, and my GT. That is really all I need. Sentiment is the only thing tying these extra systems down.

TurboGrafx-CD - $100
A beautiful system. Very nice shape, carefully cared for. The system is complete and includes the dock, base TG, and CD drive. I would also include a System 2.0 card and one TurboPad controller. No tap for you, sorry. Also includes a generic AC adapter that has been serving me faithfully for the last 10 years. I am asking $100 and I would ship this anywhere in the continental US. Anywhere else in the world and shipping is negotiable.

TurboGrafx core - MAKE OFFER
A very nice looking TurboGrafx-16 core system. The RF port is loose and doesn't make a good connection unless you wiggle it. HOWEVER, because of this I came up with a home-made solution. I threw together a homebrew connector that taps the composite video signal directly off the expansion port. It also taps the stereo sound signal giving you a much nicer picture and much nicer sound than what you would have available through RF anyway. What it really boils down to is a home-made TurboBooster. I will include one TurboPad (again, no tap), and the all-original AC adapter. And finally, NO TurboGrafx-16 would be complete without a copy of Keith Courage! Make me an offer on this one-of-a-kind beauty! I will not entertain offers less than $1,000. Thank you.

spenoza

Re: FS: TurboGrafx hardware (feeler)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:16:35 AM »
So..... the TG-CD is a complete system? "base TG" it says there, and all...
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nat

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
"Base TG" means basic TurboGrafx. Otherwise known as a TurboGrafx-16 core.

So yes, it's a complete system with absolutely everything you need to kick-start an awe-inspiring gaming experience! Although you'd probably want to pick up a System 3 card eventually and get it region modded or get a converter.

I never got the TG-CD region modded because I bought a Kisado region converter way back in the day when they were still a reasonable price. I wouldn't let go of the Kisado with the deck though because I still use it with my Duo.

The TurboGrafx-16 core in the second listing is a completely separate console.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »
I'd love to buy the whole lot if I had extra money, even though I don't need it
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:30:49 PM »
i'm guessing no but when you say the tg-16/cd is complete are you saying you have the box and manual as well as the system or is this just the system?
Oh my god! They're not even human!

nat

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:09:38 PM »
I don't have the original box.

I still have the manual.... somewhere.

Turbo D

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »
does it come with that cool plastic brief case?

nat

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »
No.

It comes with what is listed in the blurb.