Author Topic: Contra 4  (Read 347 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Contra 4
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
Just picked it up, & it's great!  IMO, probably the best Contra in a looong time.  Actually, I think I like it better then Contra 3.  I haven't beaten it yet, I'm playing on easy, & it's not a difficult as everyone has led me to believe.  Though, I hear normal really bumps up the difficulty in comparison.  But, I want to atleast beat it in easy, so I can start unlocking Contra & Super C.  I think it even has the 2 old Probotector's on it, though, I don't think they're that much different.

Joe Redifer

Re: Contra 4
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »
How's the music?  Virt did the music and I demand to know how awesome it is, especially the new stuff.  I may pick this game up.  I just completed Phoenix Wright 3 which is teh awsum.

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
yeah..first i was skeptic since it was again outsourced to a dev. team in spain (or so). but since i saw some pics and vids, it looks quite promising. definitely will get one, when it comes out here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Kitsunexus

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:35:24 PM »
How's the music?  Virt did the music and I demand to know how awesome it is, especially the new stuff.

A dude on Virt's comment thing basically said it was just the Contravirt segments all over again. But as a shameless Konami/Virt groupie, I'll pick this up anyway. (when I get a DS) :)

rag-time4

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 05:26:27 PM »
What system is this on? Lately I've been listening to the snowfield music from the original NES contra.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 05:53:31 PM »
It's for DS, & as far as I'm concerned, the music is awesome!  The game is a pleasant surprise.  I was probably going to get it either way, but, it deffinitly turned out to be good for old schooler's like me :)  I hope PC Gunjin is this good!

I might add, that all the music is very reminicsent of past Contra games, & some start out very similar to various Contra songs, but are still original songs.  Good stuff :clap:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:55:29 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

Golgo13

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »
I just started playing it, and I have to say its not bad, they have f*cked up contra games in the past, but this one is pretty good and respects the original alot, and so I have to say they did a pretty good job.  I think the graphics could have been made a tiny bit better, but they obviously wanted to keep it with the old school feel.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »
Yeah, I'd prefer it look like Contra 3(though better), then Shattered Soldier personally.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »
The problem with Shattered Soldier, from what I recall, is that it didn't have any color.  Everything was brown.  At least that's how I remember it.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
Yeah, that sounds about right!  Though, I know I didn't like the weapon system in it, I prefer the good ol pick up a weapon when you find it, as opposed to having 3 weapons already at your disposal.