Author Topic: Duo-R problem  (Read 375 times)

Fryster

Duo-R problem
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my Duo-R problem. I own a Duo-R with RGB-Mod and the console allways worked fine. After some time I want to play, but the console doesn't work correctly anymore. The screen only shows black and white colours and the screen flickers from right to left quickly.
Any ideas what the problem is?

Greets from Germany

FM-77

Re: Duo-R problem
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:50:14 AM »
Sounds like a wire in your mod has gotten disconnected. Open it up and take a look.

Turbo D

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 08:20:20 AM »
If its not what fm-77 suggested, then maybe your power supply is dying. I had that problem with an x'eye because of a dying psu. Once I got a new psu, the problem was gone. But in your case, I can imagine that one the wires in the mod was poorly soldered and came off. I've seen it happen all the time.

FM-77

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:32 AM »
A broken power supply would not give him this problem. The loose wire thing is probably not it either, as THREE whole wires would have to come off for that problem he has to occur. The PCE RGB connector has 8 wires:

1. Composite video
2. Right audio
3. Left audio
4. +5V
5. Ground

All of these (well, except the audio ones) are 100% necessary to give any signal whatsoever (and he does get a signal, so it cannot be either of these).

The additional pins:

6. Red
7. Green
8. Blue

Must ALL be disconnected in order to get a b/w picture. If not, it would either be green-blue, red-green, just blue, or another combination of that.

It COULD potentially happen though, after dropping the system in the floor or something similiar, as exactly those (and only those) are soldered to small pins on one of the chips in the system. If they were poorly installed, they can easily come off after even a small bump.

But I really think the problem is that his TV doesn't support 60Hz in composite mode. That's why the picture flickers and is in b/w.

It does support 60Hz in RGB mode however.

Did you change your TV? Or the cable itself (back to the original a/v cable)? Or did you connect the Duo to a different SCART connector on the back? Often, only one of the two connectors has RGB support. Try using the other one.