Author Topic: TE Screen Problem. Any Suggestion for a Non-Gearhead?  (Read 204 times)

Sinistron

TE Screen Problem. Any Suggestion for a Non-Gearhead?
« on: December 06, 2007, 02:10:31 AM »
I've seen on a forum here how to fix the screen- but I'm not savvy with fixing electronic equipment and would probably just make a big mess.  I've never had a problem with my express before- but turned it on last night and the screen wasn't showing gameplay.  What should I do with it?  Or would anyone perhaps be willing to trade a few loose hucards my way for this?  It has if I remember correctly one dead pixel (could be two)- and the sound is low but works perfect on headphones.  I also have the ac-adapter.  Very sad- I honestly didn't use it much (I always use my turbo-cd) but it still got me all sorts of ruffled last night.   ](*,)

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: TE Screen Problem. Any Suggestion for a Non-Gearhead?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:33:23 AM »
Don't trade your Express for a bit of nothing just yet - it probably only has a few tired capacitors.  Dead caps are a common culprit when it comes to low sound issues, and they might be causing your blank screen as well.  My TE screen is blank after long periods of neglect, but after a few minutes it gradually brightens up and is back to normal.  I'm guessing that this is caused by the caps not being able to hold a charge and then slowly reviving, but I'm no electronics wizard, so maybe not.  Either way, it can't hurt to try leaving yours on for ten minutes to see if anything happens.  If it is just a cap problem, you should be able to find someone with soldering skills that could fix it for you.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:19:13 AM »
Thank you- I'll have to check that out after work- there has been long periods of neglect so hopefully that is the problem and it'll come back on...  :pray:

geepee16

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:58:24 AM »
about leaving the express on for ten minutes, be sure to push a buton or two because iirc, my express goes dark after a few minutes.  i guess it 's a kind of screen saver.  turn the unit on like the nice man said but if you return to it and see it blank, don't automatically assume it didn't work.

Sinistron

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »
No good.   :cry:  Thanks for the advice though- made me hopeful for a day which is better than being bluesy.  Unless you're BB King or something.