Author Topic: US Only release list  (Read 633 times)

bust3dstr8

Re: US Only release list
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 06:43:29 PM »
There is a pretty rare version of the 4-1 disk that shipped with the Turbo Duo Kiosk.
Clowns Suck

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »
Why is the kiosk 4-1 rare? Does it have different games?

bust3dstr8

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 04:39:22 AM »
The kiosk version had a different intro and label (not sure on the label part). The rest of it was the same.
 It was only available in the Turbo Duo Kiosk, that I am aware of. Since the Turbo Duo wasn't very popular, I'm guessing they only made about 500-1000 kiosks.
Clowns Suck

ceti alpha

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
Since the Turbo Duo wasn't very popular, I'm guessing they only made about 500-1000 kiosks.

There was a Turbo Duo kiosk here in Halifax. I just remember being overwhelmed the first day I saw the Turbo Duo.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »
Why is the kiosk 4-1 rare? Does it have different games?

Didn't one of Aaron's kick ass PCEnginefxTV episodes showcase the kiosk disc?  I recall seeing video (or screen shots) of the differences, but can't remember where.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 02:30:58 AM »
I always get Yo Bro and Camp California confused with one another.  I always think they're the same game, or at least they should be.  I doubt either will ever find its way into my esteemed collection of goodness.

I always felt the same way.

I still think Yo' Bro looks like loads of crap, but since Chris Covell's in-depth webpage look at Camp California, I'm obsessed with obtaining a copy. The game looks awesome, and it's got some really nice looking graphics.
Search the forums for "Camp California" posts by nodtveidt (old rover). He was the first person to really delve into CC, praise it, and provide a really in-depth analysis of what works (and doesn't work) as far as the game's mechanics are concerned. His sober, insightful thoughts really helped me appreciate a bunch of games that I had written-off (Exile 2, Camp California, and 1-2 others).

I'd say that runin, Black_Tiger and nodtveidt have really helped me re-discover and appreciate a bunch of games.

To return the favor, I have unrelentingly praised China Warrior over the years. :)
  |    |