Author Topic: RIP MOM 1-6-08  (Read 784 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: RIP MOM 1-6-08
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »
Thank you (and to all).   I know it sounds kinda dumb...but I feel at home here, and just needed to tell someone.  To all who have sent their thoughts I thank you.  It helps in such a hard time.  Ironically, my mom actually started defending my love of video games for the past few years...and even paid for an Ebay auction for a few PC Engine games as  my Xmas present.  Once again...thanks

Jeez man, I'm sorry, originally I had scolded Missa for saying what she said, and saying that this was no joke, but I was conivced wrong. I do apologize, and give my deepest condolences to you. :(

nectarsis

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
Thanks Kits...I am actually ok so far...I am trying to help my step father, and younger (28 year old) brother cope. 
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

nodtveidt

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »
I don't think what Missa said was all that offensive. I'm sure all of us have seen plenty of email scams with very similar stories, so I can certainly understand why she thought this might be a scam, especially considering nectarsis hasn't been here for very long. I myself would be initially wary as well. Of course, I can also understand from nectarsis' point of view...it's never pleasant when someone else chalks up your pain to sensationalism. But of course, if the scumbags of the world would STOP DOING THIS (sensationalizing death in an effort to feed on the emotions of others for their own selfish agendas), then things like this wouldn't happen.

nectarsis, I hope you and your family get through this alright. Losing a loved one is always hard, especially in such a way. I've lost quite a few loved ones over the years so I know how hard it is. But just keep looking forward; you'll all make it if you stick together.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 04:09:16 AM »
I've thought in the past about how I would react to my father or mother passing away.  Though it would be sad to see them go, I've not lived with them for so long that I don't think it would hit me that hard...they would be going to a better place, so in that I take comfort.

Nectarsis, my condolences to you and your family.  I am glad that you can find sanctuary here.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

ceti alpha

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that nectaris. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but as Old Rover said, keep the family you have close.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
Hey, you'll get through this. It's just gonna take some time. :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
The mother should be the most respected person in everyone's life. I'm so sorry that your mother has died (as well as any other deaths mentioned in this thread) and will keep it in my prayers. Feel free to take all the time you need away from the forum.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nectarsis

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
Thank you all.  Your thoughts mean a lot.  I will be on and off in the next couple of days.  Please keep my younger brother, and step father in your thoughts/prayers/whatever you do.

Thanks again
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Joe Redifer

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
It's amazing how you see similar stories of people dying on the news all the time, but it is mentioned so casually.  Those people who die have families and friends, and it really is a bigger deal than the news agencies can possibly let on.  It really hits you when you meet a family member or friend of someone involved in something like this.  For them (and you, nectaris) this news story will live on forever, whereas most people will just say "wow, that sucks" and move on.  I'm not really trying to make any point here, it just blows my mind sometimes at all of the families that must be in grief. 

I feel for you, man.

esteban

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
It's amazing how you see similar stories of people dying on the news all the time, but it is mentioned so casually.  Those people who die have families and friends, and it really is a bigger deal than the news agencies can possibly let on.  It really hits you when you meet a family member or friend of someone involved in something like this.  For them (and you, nectaris) this news story will live on forever, whereas most people will just say "wow, that sucks" and move on.  I'm not really trying to make any point here, it just blows my mind sometimes at all of the families that must be in grief. 

I feel for you, man.
Yeah. A close friend of mine had some stuff happen to his family and the news reports just seemed like they were from another planet. Seriously.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »
Well, think about it this way...

People die every single day. Not a day goes by without a newsworthy death appearing somewhere in the media. Do you really expect the media to portray each story with a completely sorrowful tone? Death is business as usual to the media, and that's how it is in the natural world as well. Did these journalists know the deceased personally? Perhaps, but the chance is extraordinarily slim, and even if they did, did the person above them who gave them the assignment? Probably not. News is supposed to be impartial and unbiased (too bad it never is, really). Actually, what happens nowadays is the really big, gruesome, or "omg what a beauty to have her life cut short" types of stories get oversensationalized all to hell. Would you really want the memory of your lost loved ones to be one of martyrdom? So really, by them NOT sensationalizing the story and telling it straight, just the facts, it's doing both your family and your memories a huge favor.

When my ex-fiancee died in 2003, it was in the newspaper but not on television, and it certainly wasn't overblown like some of the crap we all get to see from time to time (seems like it happens now more than ever though). And for that, I was quite glad...her memory isn't tainted by a buttload of fluff and pity-mongering...just the facts as we knew them. That's the way it should be.

nectarsis

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 05:28:01 AM »
I'm back.  It's been busy the funeral, and then surgery a week later (sorry for any typos, etc.). 

I want to again thank everyonr for your thoughts/concerns.  As dumb as it may sound, this place feels like a second home online for me. You are all great people, and helped me thru a very difficult point in my life.

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 05:28:49 AM »
 :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 05:39:55 AM »
I wish there were a hug icon.  :D
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »
I'm sorry Nectarsis, for some reason I didn't see this thread until now.  I can't think of anything I can say.  I do believe that there will be a time when we will see our loved ones again.  Lately, I've been thinking alot about my parents, & them getting old, & I've been more emotional lately, partially because of that.  Sometimes, their old age & ailments get to me.  Anyways, I hope the best for you & your family.  Life is hard sometimes, & it can really rip our hearts apart, but, we all need to be strong, which is not always easy.