Author Topic: The Crack Like Addiction of Buying Pc-Engine/Turbo Games  (Read 809 times)

nat

Re: The Crack Like Addiction of Buying Pc-Engine/Turbo Games
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
A squirrel could figure it out.  Laughing
Are you saying nat's games smell like nuts?

lol. OK, I entered this conversation late.  :shock: I'm going to have to go back to the last page.  :mrgreen:

My nuts are all the rage these days.

BigT

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:27 AM »
A rag lightly soaked in Mineral Spirits is incredibly effective at removing tough sticker residue (takes about 10-15 seconds).  It's cheap to buy at Home Depot, not messy at all, and safe on plastics in my experience.

I use it all the time on used Xbox games from Gamestop.

Keranu

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »
EDIT: One more thing-- sticker removal. I can't stand price tags and other nonsense on my games. Peanut butter (yes, you read that right) applied to any leftover "stick" residue will nullify the stick and let you wipe it clean off, leaving absolutely zero trace it was ever there. This is because 99% of the time the glue used in stickers is oil-based. When the oil from the peanut butter interacts with the oil-based glue, it essentially liquifies it and allows you to remove it extremely easily.
The peanut buttet trick! You must be a student of the legendary Marty Goldberg!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »
Not at all. I learned it years ago from someone in my family. My grandfather, maybe.