Author Topic: Another new member to my PCE family,  (Read 187 times)

wilsonw111

Another new member to my PCE family,
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:53:53 AM »
 :mrgreen:
Well, I happen to pick this up today from my sources.  Pc Engine GT, Yes,, cheap.. works out to about USD 30.

well, screen works perfectly,,, but I found out the I and II buttons are kinda bad,, have to press hard to get it working or sometimes no responses.  and also the Volume on this thing is VERY VERY LOW...

well, I guess for it's price... something must be not perfect,

My question is.. ANY one that has same problems and managed to fix it ?? and How can I go fixing these issues ??
your comments PLS..~~~

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Another new member to my PCE family,
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:32 AM »
Good deal for $30, so I suppose a few glitches can be overlooked.  Congrats on getting a GT.  :clap:

I don't know how to go about fixing the buttons (outside of a good spring cleaning), but the sound issue is quite common.  Check out this thread for D-Lite's instructions on how to find and replace the dead caps that are responsible for the low volume.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »
The contacts for the buttons inside need to cleaned.

If you're feeling like a little DIY, follow D-Lite's instructions for replacing the caps. If you're not, I'd be willing to do it for you for a nominal fee.

wilsonw111

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:42:15 AM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
thanks for the suggestions all,  I'm gonna try playing around it opening it up myself first. it's always fun that way to do it myself.  but thanks, i'll seek for your help if needed. 

so Nat.. where are you located ???

nat

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:43:34 AM »
Seattle, WA, USA