Author Topic: TENNOKOE BANK(PC Engine) question  (Read 3609 times)

SuperPlay

Re: TENNOKOE BANK(PC Engine) question
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
How to use:

Tennokoe Bank Card (How To): http://tinyurl.com/2c6juu3

Tennokoe Bank Card (Video):

Ji-L87

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 02:43:34 AM »
How to use:

Tennokoe Bank Card (How To): http://tinyurl.com/2c6juu3

Tennokoe Bank Card (Video):

Good links, the video was especially informative, not to mention he also had one of the Memory Base 128. : )
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:11 AM »
I still have never figured out how to get a save file onto an emulator. :P I figured out how to get the code off of the hardware (I photographed it all), but when trying to load it within Magic Engine, there didn't seem to be a way to enter in the code. :-k

You enter the code on your PC by executing pcetohd.exe (You do not enter the code within the nanami bank software itself), then the actual game save file is replicated on your PC.  Then when you feel like restoring those save file(s) to the actual hardware, you link these save files onto an iso, then either burn onto actual CD-R (for actual hardware) or mount the image using Daemon tools (for emulators).  You can then "restore" these save files to actual hardware/emulator with nanami bank's restore option.

I use ootake, but I did do a Magic Engine -> Actual Hardware transfer once (so I know vice-versa can also be done), but it's definitely a bit of a hassle -- well, this whole procedure is, but there's no other foolproof way of backing up your save data to a computer as far as I know.

What I do recall having to do for Magic Engine was having to fiddle around some setting so that each game would have its own "save bank", as opposed to all games sharing one save bank. 

Once that's done, you start up nanami bank, then that will create its own save bank save data as well (that is, magic engine thinks that the nanami bank CD-R is another game, so it will dedicate another entire save bank just for nanami bank).  At this point, you "restore" the individual game save file to the nanami bank "save bank".   Now, you just rename the nanami bank save bank data to the game's save bank data, at which point you'll be able to boot up the game.

Going the other way (emulator -> actual hardware) is slightly less of a hassle, as you can simply crop out the actual save game portion of the data using a hex editor on the save bank data, at which point you can simply rename this file for your backup, or get ready to restore tbat file using hdtopce.exe app.

Thanks again for your help. :) Unfortunately, when I try running pcetohd.exe, a window pops open and closes for a split second. Any idea how to get it to work using 64-bit Windows 7? Maybe I'll dig out an old PC and see if I can get it working on that...
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

termis

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »
I've done it in Win7 x64, so the operating system shouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like you just clicked on the hdtopce.exe file on your windows explorer.  As this is an old-school command-prompt software, you want to run the entire process while you're in the command prompt mode.  (If you're not a commmand prompt guy at all, send me a pm, and I'll walk you through).

You essentially have to run pcetohd while you're in command prompt mode, and run the executable with passing an output filename.  For example, if you're trying to save an Ys save file, go to the directory where the nanami files are, and you type something like "pcetohd ys.sav", then it'll get into a mode where you can start punching in the hex data that you took shots of/wrote down.

BTW, if you haven't done so already, you also need to download HuC and put all the HuC files in the nanami directory as well.  This will be needed for later steps when you want to restore the save files and burn the save data onto CD.