Author Topic: Suggestion: A Super Grafx converter for regular PCE and Duo systems.  (Read 381 times)

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

You'd think that would be possible?

nectarsis

Nope.  The Supegrafx games couldnn't run off of a PCE/Turbo.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
I think it would be possible for the PCE and TG-16, but probably not the expansion bus lacking Duos.  If it could be done, it'd probably be a 32x franken console and have the PCE sit idle while it does all the heavy lifting.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

It's not possible due to the way the Supergrafx is constructed. Until hardware exists to rewire the traces inside the PCE itself, this cannot happen. Ever. Sorry guys.

vestcoat

On the subject of pie-in-the-sky hardware modifications, is there any possible way to expand the back-up memory bank in the CD, Duo, or TurboBooster Plus set-ups?

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

It's not possible due to the way the Supergrafx is constructed. Until hardware exists to rewire the traces inside the PCE itself, this cannot happen. Ever. Sorry guys.

Damn...

SignOfZeta

On the subject of pie-in-the-sky hardware modifications, is there any possible way to expand the back-up memory bank in the CD, Duo, or TurboBooster Plus set-ups?

You mean, aside from a Ten no Koe bank?

vestcoat

Yeah, I want something built-in.  Tracking the contents of two Ten no koe banks and three systems sucks.  I also hate using a converter half the time I need to switch files.

termis

That'd certainly be an interesting project, though a more flexible and/or bigger tennokoe bank would suit the bill nicely.  Do any flashcard programs allow you to copy/save data over?

That said, I also started running into problems of running out of space on my tennokoe bank, so I took a day and converted all my save files onto PC & burned them on CD using nanami's bank.  It's a bitch to do, and certainly not the most elegant solution since you have to manually type in all the hex data on your PC to recreate the save file, but it's a one time thing (for things like saving cleared-game files, etc), and it fits all on one CD very nicely.  If you have two tennokoe banks filled up, that could be a weekend project.

BTW, If you or anyone is thinking about doing this, use a digital camera to capture the hex data of your PCE save files.  There'd be no way in hell I would've done this if I had to write down all the data by hand, then manually type all that in again.