Author Topic: The Unofficial PCEFX junk box thread!  (Read 252 times)

guyjin

The Unofficial PCEFX junk box thread!
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »
So I've gone and done something silly. I gathered up a bunch of junk I don't use anymore, and sent it to another PCFXer... specifically, Keranu.

The idea is that some of us can get rid of things we don't need, and maybe get some stuff we like. or at least some electronic parts. and also to generate some discussion.

DA RULEZ

1) if you are interested in having your turn with the box, post your interest in this thread. ONLY ONCE. Ultimately, it is up to the person sending it to decide who gets it. no whining.

2) only send it to PCEFXers. we don't need no 'ferners mucking up our system. prefferably, send it to someone you've had good trades with before.

3) DO NOT ask for the box if you can't/wont send it on to the next person. When I sent it out, the box weighed
20 pounds, 15.8 oz. (~9.5 kilos); it cost 21.78 to ship domestically with the cheapest option. if you can't handle that, don't ask for it.

4) you may discuss or take pictures of what you pulled out of the box, but DO NOT take pictures or discuss what is still in it, or what you put into it. it should be a surprise.

5) in the box is a manifest. write down what you take, and what you put in, and who you sent it to, in the manifest. Do not take the manifest.

6) no touchbacks. you may not send it to the person who sent it to you. you may send it to anyone else, however, including people who have had it before.

7) don't put anything in it that is illegal to mail, or which is illegal for the recipient to receive. I shouldn't have to say this, but if somebody does something stupid and traces it back to me...

Anyway, have fun and good luck!

"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

Re: The Unofficial PCEFX junk box thread!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »
Brilliant idea! I have not received this mysterious box yet, but I look forward to see what crap (literally?) could be in there and shipping out whatever junk I have laying around.

I still need to ship stuff out to Black_Tiger, Joe_Redifer (I recently found your Junk DVDs and plan on watching them all the way soon, I promise!), and rag-time around here!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »
I have not received this mysterious box yet,

well, I didn't expect you to, I just sent it today! it'll be at least 5 days, so you won't see it untill Monday at the earliest, and probably more like next Wednesday.

Sensei

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »
Awesome idea!  I would be in but I think it would be unfair to the person who has it before me because of the shipping cost to Japan.

MissaFX

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »
Awesome idea!  I would be in but I think it would be unfair to the person who has it before me because of the shipping cost to Japan.

Ask for it next time you plan to visit the states :mrgreen:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
Received the package today! I hope to take pics and upload them soon. Quite some interesting stuff in there! There was also a few things that I could use, like the keyboard and mice. Is the Power Base converter supposed to have no sound and some warpy picture? It might just be my AV cables.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

guyjin

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »
Is the Power Base converter supposed to have no sound and some warpy picture? It might just be my AV cables.

No, at least the last time I used it. it probably needs cleaning.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:02:40 PM by guyjin »