Author Topic: Is there such a thing as too much Turbo goodness?  (Read 646 times)

blueraven

Re: Is there such a thing as too much Turbo goodness?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
My solution; moderation. Don't buy a game until you finish one.  :mrgreen:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ceti alpha

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:06 PM »

Those some wise words.  Moderation = Motivation

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
Agreed on that (Press_Run) i wouldn't worry about getting all the pce&tg16 games you want right away.When i got myself a pce/tg16 setup again a few years back,i did buy for it like crazy at the start.Still..it wasn't a smart move to begin when i had a bills to pay among other things.Afther that i figure i would pace myself for, what games i bought for it then i take a break from it for a while.Yeah it's not hard to get paranoid and worry that you can't find that game later on.Just keep in mind there is a constant market of buying and reselling of pce&tg16 games.No big deal if you,miss the game the frist time it's bound to show up later on.Also the plus side to this is if a TG16 game is realy expensive the PCE one is usely cheaper.

Right now afther my spending spree this past summer on tg16&pce games i'm taking a break again on it.

As of late i been picking up games for the neogeo and ones for the famicom too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:27:38 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

darcotrigger

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »
 Yeah, I think my problem was that I wanted to replace a lot of the games I had sold before. I owned a Turbo back in the day, but my main loyalty at the time was to my snes, genesis, and sega cd. I later bought a Turbo Duo in the early 2000's, but i sold it off a couple years later when I started hardcore Neo Geo collecting. Last year, I found the system I had sold (the exact same one), and I'd always regreted selling it, so I repurchased it.

Unfortunatley, it didn't take long until the sound issues arose, taking the fun out of playing cd titles. I eventually had it fixed, and once I had a working Duo again, I just sort of went bat-shit-crazy buying and playing games on it.

I really don't have any regrets at all about it, it's just that I never really bothered to add up what I had spent until reading this thread. The cost of those games added up quickly!

ceti alpha

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »
Yeah, I think my problem was that I wanted to replace a lot of the games I had sold before. I owned a Turbo back in the day, but my main loyalty at the time was to my snes, genesis, and sega cd. I later bought a Turbo Duo in the early 2000's, but i sold it off a couple years later when I started hardcore Neo Geo collecting. Last year, I found the system I had sold (the exact same one), and I'd always regreted selling it, so I repurchased it.

Unfortunatley, it didn't take long until the sound issues arose, taking the fun out of playing cd titles. I eventually had it fixed, and once I had a working Duo again, I just sort of went bat-shit-crazy buying and playing games on it.

I really don't have any regrets at all about it, it's just that I never really bothered to add up what I had spent until reading this thread. The cost of those games added up quickly!

It's destiny!!  :dance: :dance:

That's so awesome you found your long lost duo. I know how it feels to almost loose it. hehe  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
I tried limiting my spending once.

Then I spent 250$ the next day.

I think, if ebay banned pictures from being used i wouldnt have this problem.  I am drawn in by shiney stuff, especially when its got half naked anime girls and space ships plastered all over.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »

Agreed it can add up rather quickly just keep of track of what you,are buying and it will be no problem.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:26 PM »
Recession although bad has been good to Turbo/PCE community lately. 

I pick up Kiaidan OO last month along with 4 other games for under $90 shipped from China.  Those countries are hurting bad right now and enough politeness and conversation will get you some good deals.

I also picked up Cotton (Jap) Factory Sealed for about $40. Galaga, Dungeon Explorer and another copy of Alien Crush for $5 each.  Hell I even managed to buy a few things from Zektor!  =)

I still have a long way to go.  My ultimate sought after item has been the forsaken Bonk TurboChip Manual.  Hell I need an Air Zonk one too.

I will eventually get Magical Chase, but I may end up going for the Jap version.  Hell I just wanna play it.

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)