Author Topic: RGB modded PC Engines for sale - eBay banned my mods  (Read 659 times)

pcenginesales

Re: RGB modded PC Engines for sale - eBay banned my mods
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »

Or even better say in the description that all Pc-Engines are rgb capable, and you have a rare/special cable that lets you take advantage of it.

To be honest I've been thinking of just that, put all the components in the damn cable and that way I can say yep, all the components are in the cable, that it's "only" an amp, stick the comparison pic "amplified RGB vs unamplified RGB" in the listing, get rid of the "RGB vs AV" one and as for all the components being in the cable? That's there for any buyers who might want to whine after fact if they're not. You don't mod a console if you put all the amp circuitry in the cable, right? It's just like the Megadrive with its resistors, and the SNES with its capacitors, they need the signal altered, every console has this!

Of course, they do output RGB as standard! Through the socket, of course they do. It's just not amplified! We all know that, right?

Not doing it on my main account though, too risky. Other seller might point it out, claiming it's the "same mod as before," highlighting my older listing, etc. This account is done for for listing consoles for some significant time. I need this guy right off my back, with no recourse to screw with me. Every claim he's making to ebay might be bullshit but ebay aren't savvy with any of this subject.

Also reporting this guy's listings is a surefire way to get a blanket ban put on all Famicoms and PC Engines, as eBay realise they are too "in the dark" to differentiate between modded/unmodded.

Btw ebay forum goers are likely reading this topic.
www.retro-access.com - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

pcenginesales

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
Plus, I have the amp cable on eBay already. There's your absolute proof that the mod can be made external.

Please don't quote any of my posts in this topic, I am going back and cutting past info from my posts as it is.

The saboteur has no doubt taken that PC Engine apart that he bought from me, and is wondering what brand that incredibly strong, rock solid glue is that the socket is held in with, secrets he hoped to reveal that he clearly bought the white engine for because Cores are a no brainer.

He can wonder til the pc engine rots into its component atoms, which it will before the glue does.
www.retro-access.com - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

Duo_R

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
I think a RGB 8 din to Scart cable WITH AMP would be a nice product to sell. I could easily RGB mod consoles with the 8 din port, person could buy your cable, then use the CSY-2100 (or similar box) to get component video. So basically, your neo-geo cable, but with a amp built in:

Is that little mini-jack cable for stereo sound? Is that just breaking out the audio from the 8pin din?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

pcenginesales

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
I think a RGB 8 din to Scart cable WITH AMP would be a nice product to sell. I could easily RGB mod consoles with the 8 din port, person could buy your cable, then use the CSY-2100 (or similar box) to get component video. So basically, your neo-geo cable, but with a amp built in:

Is that little mini-jack cable for stereo sound? Is that just breaking out the audio from the 8pin din?

The jack is for any Neo systems with a headphone socket to be able to output stereo. They don't do it from their DIN. It wouldn't be needed on a PC Engine cable.

God I'm going to miss that nice professional "gradient fill" on my pics now I have to hide from this guy (it's the inside of a Wii box)

If people want to buy my cable, if they don't have one I could help them get a converter box too without having to pay the no doubt ridiculous overseas shipping fees that the places that sell these will charge. I could also test the box before shipping to protect them from expensive overseas returns if there's a fault. I see Maplins sell the one you speak of, but there's likely a cheaper option.

I am not going to build the prototype "amp in a cable" today as I have to make 15+ Genesis cables. I'll get back to you on my success with this, I think I need to buy some micro resistors though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:49:57 PM by pcenginesales »

nectarsis

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »
I have seen auctions ended many times with no rules being broken.  Also I (and many others) have dealt with this seller multiple times on Ebay with GREAT results.  She's a straight shooter, with superb customer service.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

pcenginesales

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
Cheers for all the support.

Had another ended item cancelled today, a 2 weeks old one for a PC Engine. So now we wait and see if I'm booted off eBay for this. This is the 4th "piracy" breach in 2 weeks. I was suspended from selling for a day after TWO got cancelled (and had to complete an insulting piracy tutorial before they let me back on) and while trust and safety are SUPPOSED to be reviewing my case, absolutely nothing is being done over this bar removing more of my items and bringing the auto perma-boot off eBay closer.

In other news I sold my first item on Amazon today.

Also, the mod happily fits in the DIN+SCART. I was worried because it's not a SCART line socket>plug like my converter amp is, so much less room for components but I can fit THREE capacitors and three resistors inside the DIN which really frees up the SCART at the other end. As the only way to make this fit is 3 capacitors in one end, 3 in the other, this will definitely work out although is a very tight fit, fiddly to wire and definitely something to be "learned" over time as I'll get faster at cramming these components in.

It's a definite on the amp in a cable deal, not sure what Duo-R wants to organise over this but yeah it's possible and will work with his mods.

nodtveidt

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
You could always try proxy selling if this idiot won't back down.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 01:52:59 AM »
You could always try proxy selling if this idiot won't back down.

Or send Guido around for a lesson in curb stomping.  Alternatively, Greedo could be sent to fire first.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

pcenginesales

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 05:12:29 AM »
It's too late for that, because of this whole fiasco ebay.co.uk have decided to change the wording on the site to completely ban any kind of modification on any console. So this guy has shot himself in the foot and wrecked things for everyone else.

Unless eBay were bullshitting me. But apparently this is going to be a future policy change.

I have infractions all over my account for this "future policy change."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 06:19:17 AM »

Ebay and logic are unacquainted, but you couldn't have broken a policy if it doesn't exist yet.  Of course, getting your account back now won't do much good if you can't sell anything.  :(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

pcenginesales

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 06:30:19 AM »

Ebay and logic are unacquainted, but you couldn't have broken a policy if it doesn't exist yet.  Of course, getting your account back now won't do much good if you can't sell anything.  :(

It helps to have an American fiance, doesn't it? And .com do not have the policy.

Course how many SCART engines you can sell in $ remains to be seen.

For now though I'm going to list the white Engines and Famicoms on .com with AV cable and optional SCART (Please ask if you require, I will supply it for "free" kinda deal.) Original engine can't even do AV, so it's probable I can do them.

NO mention of mod though, I am not going through this merry dance again with this idiot.

Another option is to sell on an EU site. I only am able to navigate French, does anyone know if I sell in Euros on the French site and allow international sales, if it will appear on other sites in the EU in Euros, or way down the list in "other items available from international sellers?" A lot of my buyers are from France so it seems the best option either way.

The amp in a cable deal is finished. I successfully put the entire amp from gamesx.com in an 8pin din+SCART without needing a project box. So if anyone does want a cable, please enquire.

pcenginesales

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 06:36:10 AM »
Also BEWARE IF YOU SELL CABLES on ebay. When I asked f an external SCART amp would be alllowed, the guy at T+S said "no" and informed me the SCART cables I sell could be considered a mod if they are not the same as the original manufacturer's. So if you feel the need to mention that you took the components out of a Gamecube SCART and added caps (or whatever the method is, never done them myself) to make it a SNES SCART, don't, basically.

It really is absolutely mindbogglingly stupid. You can tell why they've done this whole thing, so they can just ban all mods without ever having to do any research into whether it's a piracy mod or not, because that would be effort and time they can;t be bothered wasting. But how on earth they figure that a SCART cable could contain a piracy mod is anyone's guess.