Author Topic: Sapphire on ebay.  (Read 313 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Sapphire on ebay.
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:06:34 AM »
Link

Based on the inner ring width of the disc, it looks like a legit copy to me (better pics have been requested).  Any guesses on how high it'll go?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DJLobo

Re: Sapphire on ebay.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »
Tough to say without some better pics. For right now, I'll assume it's a bootleg and say $300.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

override

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »
I dont believe this is a bootleg of the game....If it were than its a very good thermal print out of the original game. Not to mention it would have to be a very expensive thermal printer to print different shades of the basic colors red,blue,black,green that are used. My guess is this is an original!

nat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »
Tough to say without some better pics. For right now, I'll assume it's a bootleg and say $300.

Are boots really going for that much now? If so, I've really been out of it-- less than two years ago they were getting sold, sealed, for around $40.

ceti alpha

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:16:43 PM »

Are boots really going for that much now? If so, I've really been out of it-- less than two years ago they were getting sold, sealed, for around $40.

Jesus, yeah. Well, I'm glad I snagged one. I'm just sorry I didn't grab a few more.  :wink:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:40:09 AM »
Holy Jeebus!  If boots are going for $300 now, I'm really glad I got mine when I did.  If I were to spend that much on a frickin' game, I think I'd just go whole hog and buy the real deal.

I dont believe this is a bootleg of the game....If it were than its a very good thermal print out of the original game. Not to mention it would have to be a very expensive thermal printer to print different shades of the basic colors red,blue,black,green that are used. My guess is this is an original!

We're talking about the infamous care4data bootlegs that are 'real' pressed discs with very thorough, high quality duplications of the original package.  Tee-hee, I said package.

geise

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »
That is a legit copy.  This sapphire doesn't come with a spine card though.  Not a big deal for someone that wants it to play it.  However if I was forking out a large amount of dough for one damn game it better be complete. 

override

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »
Well if anyone buys this they can always check it against the TOC Fixer program or the Turborip Program.....Both will let you know if its a legit or copied item!

If it is copied then ofcourse you can always turn your findings into ebay and probably get a refund....Who knows tho.

For anymatter I think the only games I would spend this kinda money on would be Dracula X or Bonk 3.....Maybe a sealed copy of Ys Books 1 and 2! Either way they better all be complete with everything including spine card!

DJLobo

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 04:17:12 AM »

I saw a bootleg copy in somebody's eBay store earlier this year and the BIN was close to $300. I vaguely remember seeing one or two sell for around 100-150 last year. Nat, seeing how much you paid for yours, I'm glad I didn't buy the game at those high prices. That's one thing I like about this forum, someone will tell if you're paying/paid too much for something.

And I see that the seller has some Hi-Res pics are up now. It looks legit to me.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
Auction ended a bit lower than I was expecting, though still pricey at $442.69.  Hells yeah, sixty nine!

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »

Quality bootlegs of Sapphire have been around for a while.

By the time you bought the Space Fantasy Zone bootleg they were already pretty high and at that point even Anime4Ever was selling misprinted copies of Sapphire for like $70.

It looks like Anime4Ever now has fresh stock in for only $160. So the percentage of real Sapphires is continuing to dwindle.

It's funny how even after listing partially complete misprints for sale as well as the Space Fantasy Zone bootleg for the same price, they still left in the story about them being "second prints". :^o
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum