Author Topic: FA: Off The Wall UNRELEASED PROTOTYPE HuCard and virgin GT  (Read 589 times)

vicviper

FA: Off The Wall UNRELEASED PROTOTYPE HuCard and virgin GT
« on: June 19, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »
I'm letting go of a few gems that have made up my crazy PC Engine collection, and one of them is quite the holy grail - an unreleased prototype, on a rather unique third party manufactured development board.  Its Off The Wall, by Tengen, based on a 3-player Arkanoid/Breakout style arcade game.  It works with the multitap and was 70% complete when it got canned.  I have put some cool videos on the listing too, so have fun checking it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8199691596

If you can't afford the huge price, you can always drool!   I am also auctioning off an unused GT, never removed from bag, with a really nice condition box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=8199695323

I had fun writing the descriptions, you may also be amused... or not  XD..

These auctions both end in about 7 days, on the night of the 26th/morning of the 27th of June.   Have fun checking em out and bidding!

akamichi

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:01:12 AM »
Wow.  That's cool.  I wish I could afford it.  Thanks for posting the videos too.  If you don't mind, I'd like to host copies of them on my website... once my receive my new server in the mail and set it up.  Hell, if I didn't just buy that new server, I might have been able to afford to bid on the proto! :)

You wouldn't happen to know anything about the other PCE Tengen games would you?  In particular I'm really curious to know if a Marble Madness proto is out there somewhere.  That was one of my favorite games and I was disappointed that it was never released on PCE along with the other Tengen games.

twor2005

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:41:40 PM »
I'm surprised its PCE and not TG16. Did Tengen develop games IN Japan? I would have thought their games were produced here and then ported to the PCE.

RCduck7

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:15:35 AM »
Mmmhh... nice... but expensive.

And when you imagine some homebrew versions of other games that were never released can go for next to nothing.

A collector's world can be a bit to weird and hardcore sometimes.
don't be human... be peacefull

twor2005

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 08:35:10 AM »
Wow a buyer with zero feedback won the auction. The seller is really taking a risk.

dj898

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »
I hate to think the amount the seller will have to pay eBay if the buyer mysteriously disappears... O_o

RCduck7

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 07:05:52 AM »
Quote from: "dj898"
I hate to think the amount the seller will have to pay eBay if the buyer mysteriously disappears... O_o

I think he can claim it's money back for this sort of thing.
don't be human... be peacefull

dj898

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 01:41:03 PM »
don't think it includes the listing fee and based on the price the listing fee won't be cheap either...

nodtveidt

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »
The initial bid on the GT was way too high. It's no wonder no one took it. Sealed or not, that simply isn't worth almost $400. Bring it down to $250 and it might sell.