Author Topic: what could have been.....  (Read 940 times)

JapanTokei

Re: what could have been.....
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »
Kattare / Rag-time - actually that's what I like to do too ... buy big lots, pluck something along that lot-treasure hunting process that I want for my own forever or playing collection, and then reselling/rebundling for sale. 

To me it's not the money, but more the pure joy of treasure-hunting/re-living my childhood.  Not to mention a lot of retro-gaming fun. 
Drives my wife crazy, but hey, a man's gotta have his hobbies.  This is hella lot cheaper than expensive modding rice-rockets or German cars!  :)

I bet the people that are putting these things up on Ebay are all like "oh yeah I am gonna get a ton for all this", then after they are like.  WTF!!   :x

One of the reasons I've stuck with BIN for all my stuff.  Everyone talks about patience when making purchases, and I agree with them, but I also think that patience when making sales can be beneficial as well.  Unless you're just dumping stuff because you're broke, you might as well try to get what something is actually worth instead of pennies on the dollar.
I like to list everything I sell on ebay as penny auctions. For me it's more fun as a seller, and also I think it's more fun for the buyer. Back when I started using ebay, there wasn't as much BIN stuff all over the place and it was a better experience.

I've been blessed to have pretty good results. I' sold off my entire GI Joe collection this way and had some great surprises. A lot of 17 K-Mart knock-off figures went all the way up to $650 or so. A few of the GI Joe auctions went over $100 and many were in the $10-40 range... all for loose figures (mostly complete with FC because I've been a nerd for a long time)

I sold a sealed YS III (US) a year or two ago this way and it went up to $100.... after I had purchased a pair of them for like $30 from someone in the UK.

Kattare, I noticed you like to buy big lots, pull what you want, then resell everything. I, for one, think that's a lot of fun. I wish more people would do that with lots. Buy several lots, pull what they want, then resell everything as lots. I like doing that with NES manuals.

kattare

Re: what could have been.....
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
It's definitely fun to hunt for the remaining one or two widgets you want to round out your collection.  I'm just about satisfied with my pile of NEC loot... probably most of my future ebaying will be repaired/modded hardware.  There are still a few pieces to go tho!  Like that hudson music collection.  heh.

Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.