Author Topic: Duo RX Video Problem Please Help....  (Read 284 times)

terrybogard

Duo RX Video Problem Please Help....
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:05 PM »
hi have a duo RX that shows no sign of video. Even if i jiggle the video plug.... I tested a couple plugs and none work. If i hit the run button i see the red light come on and the laser attempt to read but i dont think it reads discs either. First i want to try to get video can someone help me out......

rag-time4

Re: Duo RX Video Problem Please Help....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
Do you get no video on both HuCards and CDs?

Other consoles work fine using the same input jacks?

terrybogard

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »
i have every pc engine system and i have tested the plugs on my duo r and it works.... I was able to get video from the rx for a split second and never again.... its not looks plugs or anything becaue ill wiggle them and still no video.... i think theres a problem on the board somewhere but no idea what to do

it shows no video regardless of what i put in it
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:59:42 PM by terrybogard »

rag-time4

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »
i have every pc engine system and i have tested the plugs on my duo r and it works.... I was able to get video from the rx for a split second and never again.... its not looks plugs or anything becaue ill wiggle them and still no video.... i think theres a problem on the board somewhere but no idea what to do

it shows no video regardless of what i put in it
Have you used other consoles on the same inputs on your tv/monitor/changer to make sure it's not the input jacks?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
You said you don't think it reads CDs. Well, if you put a game in it and it spins up and stays spinning and sound comes out you'll know if it does or not. A CD game running the attract over and over again will leave you with the drive light on all the time and CD access every once and a while, regardless if you can hear anything from the TV.

A lot of TVs won't play audio if the video signal is out of range, so hook the audio outs into a stereo or computer or something so you can see if it makes sound.

If it does make sound, and if you are sure your cables are good (there are a huge amount of junk DIN style AV cables out there) and that your TV works and everything the first thing to check would be the AV socket on the system itself. It could be buggered out from people stepping on the cable, or it could have become disconnected from the board.

terrybogard

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »
I got the video to work.... Now it wont read discs.... It returns an error. I tried changing the pot knob locations but still wont work. I tried 2 lasers which im pretty sure are good. The knobs on the duo RX are big and white with numbers on them, alot different than the duo's. Can someone help me calibrate them to the correct locations? Please help maybe get me a pic or something.... Thanks in advance