Author Topic: Turbo Express repair service?  (Read 233 times)

Pat the NES Punk

Turbo Express repair service?
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:38:40 AM »
Hi,

I have two Turbo Expresses where both turn on but I get the blank screen. I'm thinking the power capacitor is dying on both of them with not enough juice getting output to actually start up the game and output video/sound. The one worked fine a year ago (except for the sound being low), but the capacitor must have died out between now and then.

So is there any reputable member of the forum or service that's out there that can do cap replacements for a fee? I don't have the time or expertise to get this done myself currently. :)

Thanks.

BlueBMW

Re: Turbo Express repair service?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »
Chop5 has a lot of experience repairing expresses.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

chany60126

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:59:47 AM »
Hi,

I have two Turbo Expresses where both turn on but I get the blank screen. I'm thinking the power capacitor is dying on both of them with not enough juice getting output to actually start up the game and output video/sound. The one worked fine a year ago (except for the sound being low), but the capacitor must have died out between now and then.

So is there any reputable member of the forum or service that's out there that can do cap replacements for a fee? I don't have the time or expertise to get this done myself currently. :)

Thanks.

It definitely sounds like you have dead video and sound caps. That is kind of how mine started as well. Towards the end of the life of the caps on my express, I used to leave it on for about 2 mintures so that it would 'warm up' and then the image would gradually return. But that method only worked for about two weeks. There are lots of knowledgeable people that can fix your express here. I got mine fixed by Chop5. You can usually find him in the chat room at night or just send him a PM.

I wish you luck with your Turbo Expresses. I'd also like to say that I really enjoy your Youtube channel :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:03:37 AM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Pat the NES Punk

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:26:19 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll shoot him a PM. I'd really like to get these up and running. :)

And thanks for watching my videos!