Author Topic: Pc Engine GT Screen Fault?  (Read 267 times)

retrogamesuk

Pc Engine GT Screen Fault?
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:10:22 AM »
Hi I have a Pc Engine GT and all seems ok apart from that when you switch the GT on it takes a little bit for the screen to brighten up enough to be able to see it. I think this could be down to a faulty capacitor or component inside the unit.

Anything would be cool.

ApolloBoy

Re: Pc Engine GT Screen Fault?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:19 AM »
Did you use fresh batteries? The TE/PCE GT screen sometimes acts screwy when the batteries are running low on juice.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

retrogamesuk

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »
Hi nah I always use the ac. Thanks though for that.

Duo_R

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
sounds like a cap warming up.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

nat

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
Sounds like you need to replace the cap referenced in this topic.

Forum search is your friend.

retrogamesuk

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 05:45:51 AM »
Hi I'm sorry for the late reply. Yes I do sometimes search in forums and it's a good tool. I did actually check your link to the repair guide before I posted. I saw it explained which caps to fix for some video issues I think, I just wasn't sure if there were specific fixes for a specific video problem. The guide was excellent though and you and people like you who make the guides to help people deserve far more credit than you may get. My thanks again. From what I remember and the quick view of the guide I just did, I may have to perhaps replace a lot / all of the relevant caps to hopefully solve my particular video issue. I guess specific caps to replace can be good as it's less work and therefore less chance for error but at the sametime replacing them all without breaking the thing could be a good future investment for any possible future work and for your playing pleasure.

nat

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:13:27 AM »
Look at the link again... There is only one cap to replace-- the one circled in red. I simply pointed out other caps of note, and what they were for (audio circuit, etc).

retrogamesuk

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
Hi, excellent thanks for that, very much appreciated. I was going to go over it (your guide I think) again nearer the time but hopefully then and thanks to you it should be a few steps ahead. Thanks a lot again.