Author Topic: The Search for the turbo cd gear  (Read 2853 times)

Official Ninja

Re: The Search for the turbo cd gear
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2011, 04:08:26 AM »
Please don't give up on making us new gears just becuase there are other issues. :)

We haven't given up. Honestly we just haven't done much with it yet. A change in jobs and children have taken most of our time since the New Year. We were talking about it a bit today and hopefully in the coming weeks we will try something.

Plus a huge non-motivator for me is the fact that I don't have a working sled to test the gears in. When I try to use the sled from the TG-CD in my cdr35d the disc sits too low and just rubs on the bottom. Yet the sled from the cdr35-d works excellent in the tg-cd.

**edit Come to think of it, if anyone has a drive that works minus a gear, I'd be willing to buy it, if the price is right. This way I will have my test unit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:10:16 AM by Official Ninja »

mrchuck999

Re: The Search for the turbo cd gear
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »
Official Ninja,
I am very interested in this gear as well. Depending on the price, I would be willing to buy 10 or more of them. (half would be backups).  I'm sorry I cannot provide you with a drive, but I could test a gear for you and send it back.
I have a known working drive minus the gear.
If you need measurements, I have  a micrometer so I can measure the shaft and gear.
Please keep us posted.
--