Author Topic: Duo R CD error  (Read 258 times)

bernielindell

Duo R CD error
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Duo R and had some work done to it.  Region mod/RCA jacks.  The units has worked just fine the last few days.  All of a sudden today, when I try to boot a CD game, its asking me to close the CD lid.  Of course its already closed.  I know its gonna be something simple, but I have no clue where to look nor do I have the tool to open the system.  Anyone here have any suggestions?

nat

Re: Duo R CD error
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Sounds like the door switch is stuck, defective, or has fallen out of place.

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
I remember my old duo close switch fell apart on me. I soldered the points on the board together to make the drive think it was always closed to fix it.

bernielindell

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
Thanks guys for the responses.  The lod not closed error is only one of the issues after looking further into it.  Seems it has trouble loading the CD games too.  Not EVERY time, but a lot of the time.  Sometimes will give me the set disc error, lots of times it takes A LOT of time to load between scenes.  I am in touch with the guy I bought this system from, and working something out.  Also, our BlueBMW has offered to help with it if I cant get anything done with the seller.  I am sure the guy that done this system for me will come thru.  He is a pretty cool cat to work with.  This is actually my second system I had him region mod, and he supplied the systems.   

nat

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
Slow loading and set disc errors are a symptom of a failing laser or a laser that needs calibration.

thesteve

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
or the sled gears are dry