Author Topic: white screen. need help.  (Read 414 times)

GameFreak

white screen. need help.
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »
I just got a IFU setup today (its supposed to work) and when I put a hucard game in it the screen is white. I can however play a music cd and hear the audio through the tv. The cd drive seems ok. I have two different untested core grafx and both get a white screen when hooked up to the IFU. I plugged it into an older tv and it looked kind of pink. I tried several hucard games all have white screen. Any ideas of link to a thread that discusses this?? Please help! :x

edit-
 ](*,) NEVERMIND. After going through a couple more hucards, i found one that works. I guess I have some really dirty hucards  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:45:03 AM by GameFreak »

PunkicCyborg

Re: white screen. need help.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
or a really dirty hu card slot in the unit, a little contact cleaner might help
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

GameFreak

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
elabit- yeah after checking it out I think its a combo of dirty hucards and possibly dirty contacts in the unit. Should I put small amount of cleaner on a hucard and insert it in the unit or should I take the unit apart to apply it directly? It seems like if I put the hucard in and out a few times eventually it starts up normal.

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention to everyone, HELL YEAH I FINALLY GOT A WORKIN PC-ENGINE CD-ROM SYSTEM..... :dance:

It was weird, i was SO excited opening the box, my heart was pounding with excitement  :dance: ...than I turn system on and get a white screen  :cry: :shock: ..talk about emotional rollercoaster. Everything is working 95% now. No worries.

retrobright process next.  :lol:

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:57:54 PM »
One thing I have noticed that helps is if you don't push the Hu card in all the way. Just back it out a little and it should almost always work.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
that's how I've done it before, just use a crappy sports hu card cause the contact cleaner might make the black part of the card a little cloudy and wipe off between applications.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »
oh and then use a little bit of compressed air after the contact cleaner. You probably want to remove the case too so you dont get any on the plastic.

grahf

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
It was weird, i was SO excited opening the box, my heart was pounding with excitement  :dance: ...than I turn system on and get a white screen  :cry: :shock: ..talk about emotional rollercoaster. Everything is working 95% now. No worries.

I feel stupid for even posting this, but when I got my first IFU-30 I didn't realize that the lock/power switch had to be slid over all the way. I thought mine was broken too :D

Congrats on your first CD system!  There are a ton of awesome Hucards, but the soul of the system is on CD.

soop

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »

I feel stupid for even posting this, but when I got my first IFU-30 I didn't realize that the lock/power switch had to be slid over all the way. I thought mine was broken too :D

Congrats on your first CD system!  There are a ton of awesome Hucards, but the soul of the system is on CD.

I had the same problem, coupled with the fact that I didn't know whether my PSU was working or not :)