Author Topic: LF Someone to hire to do audio repair for Turbo Duo  (Read 204 times)

LedRush

LF Someone to hire to do audio repair for Turbo Duo
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »

I just bought a Turbo Duo which is in excellent cosmetic condition.  However, despite the seller's contention to the contrary, the audio is not functioning properly.  However, I can understand how the seller was confused as the sound seems to work for the special effects, but it doesn't appear to work for the soundtracks at all. 

I am interested in hiring someone to fix this issue for me, and Red Ghost graciously suggested that I post my questions here.

Additionally, if you have some opinions on whether or not I should merely return this item and get a new one (or an R or RX), I am interested in hearing what the experts think.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: LF Someone to hire to do audio repair for Turbo Duo
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »
It depends on how good of a deal you got on it and whether or not you have to pay return shipping (shipping would go a long ways towards a cap job).  If it was reasonably priced, I'd just have it capped; if it was an eBay gouge job, I'd return it and buy an R for half the monies.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

LedRush

Re: LF Someone to hire to do audio repair for Turbo Duo
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
I got the Duo for $330 plus $15 shipping (I think).  The thing is in excellent physical condition...really great.  It includes the box and all original inserts and items.  The games's manuals have never been taken out of the plastic baggy.  I waited a long time for this deal, and I'm pretty bummed that the sound is an issue...especially after I asked about it.

At least the seller is willing to take the return (with shipping).