Author Topic: Has anyone played "Wrestle Angles"?  (Read 311 times)

Flare65

Has anyone played "Wrestle Angles"?
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
I've seen this game pop up every now and then on ebay, but I can't seem to find any actual game play footage of the game.    Is this one of those digital comic style SCDs or an actual game?  I don't want to blind buy the game and get disappointed.

Here is a listing on ebay of the game...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-SUPER-CD-ROM-WRESTLE-ANGELS-ARCADE-JAPAN-/140654867797?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20bfaef555

Ji-L87

Re: Has anyone played "Wrestle Angles"?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »
Found some screencaps:
http://video-games-museum.com/en/game/Wrestling-Angels-Double-Impact/45/2/22855

Going by youtube videos of other versions of the game, I think it is an "actual game", that is to say, visual novel style "cutscenes" between matches and turn-based gameplay similar to that of Yuna 2.

Here's gameplay video from the SNES version:
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

BlueBMW

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:41:18 AM »
Hmmm... actually doesnt look too bad :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »
You're probably not going to like it. After years of wondering I eventually played this. I don't actually remember much, but its IIRC its a menu based wrestling game. This is an idea I fully support, but the execution isn't that great. It doesn't really use the Arcade Card for shit, the animations are generic no matter which character you play, graphics...are nothing amazing. I think I remember it being kind of expensive, so I wouldn't buy it, personally. BTW, I think you need some good Japanese skills to really get into it, if not actual comprehension that at least good recognition/memorization ability.

I honestly like the idea of making menu based versions of things that would typically be action games. The best example of this is, IMO, Initial D for GBA.

Flare65

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
Disappointing!  I was hoping for it to play like Ringside Angles for the Sega MegaDrive.  :(