Author Topic: Anyone snag this?  (Read 313 times)

FiftyQuid

Anyone snag this?
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
Pretty decent for an eBay sale.  I would have scooped it up for sure had I seen it earlier.  Duo's alone sell for $350 in my area.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Turbo-DUO-/261113727190?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3ccb9748d6&nma=true&si=osCtkfNuDEORba32FFJoRMl9MSw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Keith Courage

Re: Anyone snag this?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
That is a pretty decent deal. I missed it as well. The duo alone costs close to that price meaning everything would have been free.

csgx1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Looks like ebay seller 'bosnacmb' was the lucky person.  He snagged a bunch of good deals including a like new CIB Turbo Duo for $235 shipped.   Sadly this guy seems like a reseller and a gouger. 

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=bosnacmb&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3&_rdc=1

www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-complete-original-packaging-/190717172308

turboswimbz

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:54:43 AM »
Yeah he outbids me a lot, they are willing to pay a whole lot more than me, especially for loose hu cards,  So i assume they are reselling.  If you search often enough, your bound to find a few BIN and auctions that went under the radar I think too, seeing as they overpaid on several items too, I'm guessing reselling and a lot of time on ebay is the case.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:23 AM »
Looks like ebay seller 'bosnacmb' was the lucky person.  He snagged a bunch of good deals including a like new CIB Turbo Duo for $235 shipped.   Sadly this guy seems like a reseller and a gouger. 

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=bosnacmb&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3&_rdc=1

Man, how do you pull this info up?  Anytime I try to do something like this the buyer's name shows up as |e****7|

tggodfrey

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »
He is a reseller and big time gouger.  Prepare to see that duo for 400.00 or more
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

csgx1

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 08:54:58 AM »

Man, how do you pull this info up?  Anytime I try to do something like this the buyer's name shows up as |e****7|

Ebay user names don't show for me either but I saw the buyers feedback score on the $299 Duo lot that you posted and realized that it was the same feedback number and percentage as bosnamcb.  Then did a buyer search under bosnamcb and sure enough he was the buyer. 

Just so happens I was looking at completed Turbo Duo auctions the day before and came across the new/boxed Duo auction for $235 shipped and saw through the feedback left that bosnamcb had won that one.  I remembered him since he sells Turbo stuff and I was a bit shocked that he did the 'buy it now' in less than 2 minutes from the start of the listing.

mankatoman

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
Does anyone here use any notification services so that if an item pops up, you get a text message? He may either browse the new auctions a lot or he may have an alert system set up for new BINS

FiftyQuid

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
Does anyone here use any notification services so that if an item pops up, you get a text message? He may either browse the new auctions a lot or he may have an alert system set up for new BINS
I use to, but they are too slow.  Often I find I won't get a notification fast enough, but new items have been listed.  The link I posted in post #1 is a perfect example of this.  This one got by me while I was still relying on notifications.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »

He is the Air Zonk artist!  Dreamy!

Firebomber7

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 04:08:32 AM »
He is a reseller and big time gouger.  Prepare to see that duo for 400.00 or more

Sold for $219. So, in this case, he did not gouge at all.