Author Topic: WTB: OK, I need a new game or two  (Read 665 times)

arromdee

Re: WTB: OK, I need a new game or two
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:34 AM »
It was my impression that the ones that are loose say that they are loose.  Thus all the items that are badly machine-translated as "there is no box theory" (for surugaya; auc-egames says "only as for the software")

Did you order something which did *not* say that but which still didn't come with a case?

I myself ordered an Avenue 6 button pad and some other stuff.  They asked me to verify my order.  Then they changed the order and asked me to verify that one instead.  The only difference in the changed order was that the Avenue 6 pad didn't have a box.  If not having a box is a big enough deal that they revise the customer's order just to mention the missing box, I doubt that they would forget to mention it on the website.

PS: Discotek is releasing both Unico flims on DVD in the USA.  They come out May 15.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:18:47 AM by arromdee »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
What is about X that you hate so?  I was the same on Turn A, though Macross7 clicked fairly quickly for me.

Like I said, I formed my opinion a long time ago in a pretty bullshit way. I don't much like the character designs and I really think the mecha stink. These are not valid reasons, I know! I might grow to like the show, I'll never like those shitty Gundam though. Its kind of the opposite of Wing; great mecha, the show is just the worst f*cking thing ever.

It was my impression that the ones that are loose say that they are loose.  Thus all the items that are badly machine-translated as "there is no box theory" (for surugaya; auc-egames says "only as for the software")

Did you order something which did *not* say that but which still didn't come with a case?

Yeah, I kind of figured that out at the time. Did I pay attention? Probably not. Its probably my fault. I can't say for sure.

PS: Discotek is releasing both Unico flims on DVD in the USA.  They come out May 15.

Yeah, I saw that while looking for clips of the movie. I haven't seen it since it was on the Disney Channel ages ago. I just finally found the LD and then I see its coming out on LD. Bizarre coincidence. That company, which I've never heard of until last week, is doing some other great stuff as well.

BuraiFighter

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »
Glad to hear your order went well Zeta, mine got to the UK fast and then took a week to actually get up to Scotland. Then I just got a letter telling me I need to pay £35+ in customs charges, a nice surprise this morning. If anyone in the UK is interested from buying off Suragaya, they put the full value on the forms and you can expect to pay around 30% of the orders value for customs. I think larger orders are the way to go as the items themselves are so damn cheap, I remember seeing a Gimmick! CIB for under £60.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »
Yeah, my order stayed in the air all the way to Chicago, which is only about six hours away from me.

BTW, I ordered a few more LDs. I had to. These prices are f*cking ridiculous and can't go on for much longer.