Author Topic: WTB: Bonk games  (Read 329 times)

Damon Plus

WTB: Bonk games
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
I'm looking to buy Bonk games. Third one is too expensive so it is out of contest, but I've had the TG for a year and I'm dying to play some Bonk, either the first or the second one. I want them with the outer box, but I'm willing to accept it with jewel case or even loose if the price is right.

I'm also looking for Dungeon Explorer, R-Type, Super Star Soldier in the same condition, but my priority are Bonk games.

swiss780

Re: WTB: Bonk games
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »
I've no spare Bonks to give, but good luck finding those gems.  By the way - it's worth getting a region mod (chopsados are pretty cheap) to play PCE Bonk 3.  8)

ebay. there like 10 bux.

Really?  Ebay sells games?  When did this start?!?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

glazball

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:45 AM »
  Wish I could help you out too!  I hope someone here can.  Shame having a TG and no Bonk!  Aside from the 3rd which is actually rare, the first two shouldn't cost too much if you are patient.  But I have noticed that both Bonk 1 and 2 are going for more and more on eBay when really you shouldn't pay more than $10 or 12 for them.  Be patient and you'll find them soon, good luck!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.
$10?  You must visit some magical eBay that I've never found the extension for. 

I have Bonk's Revenge.  Manual and HU Card only.  The HU Card is a bit sun faded.  Interested?  Here's a pic;

http://gametz.com/usertab/FiftyQuid/tab/AllAvailable.html
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Damon Plus

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.

I have Bonk's Revenge.  Manual and HU Card only.  The HU Card is a bit sun faded.  Interested?  Here's a pic;

I'd prefer them complete or at least with jewel case, how much would you ask for it with shipping to Europe?

FiftyQuid

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.

I'd prefer them complete or at least with jewel case, how much would you ask for it with shipping to Europe?

I don't have the jewel case.  Shipping from Canada is terrible.  If I were to ship it to the UK it would cost $9.  You'd get it in 6-10 business days.  The cheaper option is $6, but it's 4-6 weeks for delivery!  Go with the $9 option.

If you pay the shipping I'll let it go for $10.  So your total would be $19 all-in.   

Damon Plus

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
Ouch! 9$ for a card+booklet shipping? And I tought we had it pretty bad here in Spain. I'm interested but I'll wait a few days for a more complete copy to appear if you don't mind.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »
You're probably looking at more that $20 shipped for a complete copy but maybe some generous soul on here has one. FYI the PCE version of 3 is much cheaper and actually better (with the "gay" bonk included, etc)

FiftyQuid

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:35 AM »
Ouch! 9$ for a card+booklet shipping? And I tought we had it pretty bad here in Spain. I'm interested but I'll wait a few days for a more complete copy to appear if you don't mind.
It's the dimensions that kill it.  The price would be the same if it was a complete copy.  Both are the same dimensions of a CD case.  The postal system is weird here.  They have a plexiglass template they use to measure items like CD shipments.  Say you're shipping something to the USA.  If the package fits through the slot then the cost is under $6.  If it doesn't the cost goes up to over $10.  The reason, they tell me, is because the 'machines' won't be able to process the package automatically so someone has to physically touch it and route it the proper way.  A single CD will fit through the hole no problem, but a double CD won't.

I don't mind at all.  PM me if you change your mind.

Sparky

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 04:01:44 AM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.
hahaha... well that price guide of yours got one price right :P

Yes it is a $10 game to me... ok $12 at the most as that is what i would sell one for if i had.

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 05:28:31 AM »
ebay. there like 10 bux.
$10?  You must visit some magical eBay that I've never found the extension for.  

I have Bonk's Revenge.  Manual and HU Card only.  The HU Card is a bit sun faded.  Interested?  Here's a pic;

ebay.COM works best. Make sure you are not signed in and do not input your address.

Bonk's Adcenture completely fomplete with outer box sold for $14.99-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Turbo-Grafx-16-Bonks-Adventure-game-with-Case-and-Box-LOOK-/320917216511?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ab8281cff

Bonk's Adventure loose didn't sell at $9.99, because that price is too high-

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellLikeItem&item=261040365292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:LILTX

Adventure and Revenge are the Turbo equivalent of Super Mario games. They're best sellers and super common. Both sell for around $10 loose. Bonk's Big Adventure isn't as common and the rare CD version confuses collectors who dont know tge difference, which keeps the price artificially high. The most you should expect to pay for Bonk 3 HuCard on eBay is between $70 - $100, depending on how desperate you are.

The problem with games like Bonk 1 & 2, is that the go for so little, its not worth selling them on eBay fir most sellers who understand what they're actually worth and arent into trickery. Thats why tgere arent more loose copies for sale. I literalky gave away my last spare Bonk game here because it wasnt wirth selling anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:32:10 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FiftyQuid

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
I wish I had spoken to you before buying my copy.  I asked around on a couple websites (not here) looking for Bonk's adventure.  A week went by and my post fell to the bottom of the forums.  I ended up buying a copy from my local retailer for $20.  A terrible price, but I love me some Bonk.