Author Topic: WTB - mint/new boxed turboduo  (Read 272 times)

blixa

WTB - mint/new boxed turboduo
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:39:24 AM »
alt. a turboduo in very good condition.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:40:03 PM by blixa »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: WTB - mint/new boxed turboduo
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:54:21 AM »
Wish ya luck on that.  The MINT boxed Turbo Duo systems rarely pop up here in the forums, though they do occasionally.  Far as NEW, I dont think I have ever seen one here, but I have seen them on eBay..and man they are up there.  ugh..  Try PMing Keith Courage, he usually has systems on hand, and I bought a boxed Duo from him a year or so ago. 

BlueBMW

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:06:06 AM »
The real question is, what kind of money are you wanting to spend.  And also, why the desire for a mint/new unit?  Is it going to be played or just sit and look pretty?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »
Or go up on eBay for more money? :-s

blixa

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
The real question is, what kind of money are you wanting to spend.  And also, why the desire for a mint/new unit?  Is it going to be played or just sit and look pretty?

both played on and looking pretty.

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
How particular are you regarding a system that has been opened and refurbished?  Every normal duo needs capacitors by now, even ones that are new in box.  Keep that in mind when looking to buy one.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »
Actually Blue, mine hasn't had caps replaced yet and it operates fine. Clear video, loud audio, and I haven't yet seen any goo leaking out onto the board. Perhaps there are other systems out there with such luck.

I know I'm perhaps pushing MY luck with it, but once it's ready for cap replacement, it'll get done.

BlueBMW

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
Ive seen both extremes.  Some systems do still look mint inside, but even on those when I go to recap them I find some leaked fluid under some of the caps.  Certainly not enough to cause damage, but it was there.  Its probably safe to wait until you notice sound issues.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »
I sent a Turbo Duo to Blue, that was basically brand new and mint with a mint box.  I sent it to him for a region mod, and even though it was nice and clean inside, he found some caps leaking.